Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aeichhor

Collins getting called up

Recommended Posts

I'm worried about his strikeouts but let's be frank, Zavala looked so bad when he came up that this is really your only option even if you think it's going to be temporary. Assuming Beef's injury isn't too severe, Collins may have an outside chance at playing Alonso off the roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

 

He can strike out all he wants this year. Our expectations are lowered, but we want to be pleasantly surprised. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jake said:

I'm worried about his strikeouts but let's be frank, Zavala looked so bad when he came up that this is really your only option even if you think it's going to be temporary. Assuming Beef's injury isn't too severe, Collins may have an outside chance at playing Alonso off the roster.

I was just gonna come say that. I doubt,  even with how bad some of his ABs might be, that he'll be less valuable than Alobso and his -.8 war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping one of these prospects come up and go bananas right away. From a power standpoint, Collins could be that guy!

Sucks seeing guys like Soto, Acuna, Torres, Riley, etc. come up and rake right away while our guys need to “develop more at the big league level”. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

Hoping one of these prospects come up and go bananas right away. From a power standpoint, Collins could be that guy!

Sucks seeing guys like Soto, Acuna, Torres, Riley, etc. come up and rake right away while our guys need to “develop more at the big league level”. 

 

I’d bet a lot of money on Collins not being that guy

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately he was struggling at Charlotte the last few weeks.  He was hitting .200 in his last 10 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m excited about the bat. I think he’s a patient enough hitter to overcome the high K rate and produce roughly similar to what he has in AAA.

That said, where is he going to play? We need to ditch Alonso altogether, and let him and McCann rotate between DH and C so that their bats are always in the lineup and Collins is learning how to be an MLB catcher. Moncada being injured should have nothing to do with this. Don’t know if I trust our awful FO to play this right. Really hope they’re not calling up a top prospect just because a guy is injured and our other MiLB catcher type was beyond putrid in his one chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome.  I’m actually fairly optimistic about the bat, but just beware that he is horrible against LHP and may ultimately end up a platoon guy.  It will be interesting to see where they plan on playing him.  Is Castillo hurt or will they finally cut bait on Alonso?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins bat probably is ready, and his catching and pitch handling is probably at a place where he can best learn at the major league level. His .374 OBA and .855 OPS mitigates for a few strike outs.  His walk to ab ratio is similar to a Mookie Betts and way better than any of the current White Sox players.  Collins is 24 years of age and is one of those guys who should be allowed to show what he can do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

Hoping one of these prospects come up and go bananas right away. From a power standpoint, Collins could be that guy!

Sucks seeing guys like Soto, Acuna, Torres, Riley, etc. come up and rake right away while our guys need to “develop more at the big league level”. 

 

Ummm....Eloy Jimenez.....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I’m excited about the bat. I think he’s a patient enough hitter to overcome the high K rate and produce roughly similar to what he has in AAA.

That said, where is he going to play? We need to ditch Alonso altogether, and let him and McCann rotate between DH and C so that their bats are always in the lineup and Collins is learning how to be an MLB catcher. Moncada being injured should have nothing to do with this. Don’t know if I trust our awful FO to play this right. Really hope they’re not calling up a top prospect just because a guy is injured and our other MiLB catcher type was beyond putrid in his one chance.

Only 2 years after Eaton was traded, the team is already 500 and quickly trending up. The front office has been awesome. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Not really.

Yeah.....3rd on the team with 11 homers in his first stint and missed a couple weeks. Has multiple homerun games already too

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Only 2 years after Eaton was traded, the team is already 500 and quickly trending up. The front office has been awesome. 

The rebuild has been good but the same GM acquired these guys as starter solutions.  Pretty awful.

Nova

Santana

Banuelos

Despaigne

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome.  I’m actually fairly optimistic about the bat, but just beware that he is horrible against LHP and may ultimately end up a platoon guy.  It will be interesting to see where they plan on playing him.  Is Castillo hurt or will they finally cut bait on Alonso?

Yes, Castillo is hurt and Vieira got sent to Charlotte 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The rebuild has been good but the same GM acquired these guys as starter solutions.  Pretty awful.

Nova

Santana

Banuelos

Despaigne

None of those guys were solutions. They're band aids. Somebody has to eat innings.

 

Thank God we dodged the Harper/Machado bullets. Kudos Mr Hahn. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mataipaepae said:

Yeah.....3rd on the team with 11 homers in his first stint and missed a couple weeks. Has multiple homerun games already too

Hitting .253/.307/.795

That's not raking at all.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quin said:

Hitting .253/.307/.795

That's not raking at all.

Huh he said power. I would say the power has been good. And we haven't even hit the all star break yet and you can see the average raising every week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×