Trade for Clint Frazier?

KnightsOnMintSt

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

What would the White Sox have to give up to acquire him?

They don't really match up well for a trade. I'm predicting he goes for a controllable starter in the next month and a half (assuming Stanton and Judge stay healthy when they come back) since they could use some pitching.

Edited by soxfan2014

9 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I think the best hope would be that the asking price for Stroman and Bumgarner are too high for the Yankees liking so they settle for Colome+ for Frazier.

I'd put that at about 2% likelihood.

I think they are much more interested in SP help than bullpen. 

Why would the yankees, in an actual playoff push, trade for a struggling young pitcher when they have a piece to get them a good young pitcher?

I'll have to get back to you on that.

There are a lot of other RF's I would like them to target before Clint Frazier (Michael Conforto).  Frazier has a very concerning injury history and I get that he is still very young but his development hasn't gone very smoothly.  If they could get him on the cheap I could change my mind but I doubt that is possible because he does have a very high ceiling but there is just too much risk for me.  If they are going to trade some prospects I'd rather them go for a guy like Conforto and sign him to a long term deal.  

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There are a lot of other RF's I would like them to target before Clint Frazier (Michael Conforto).  Frazier has a very concerning injury history and I get that he is still very young but his development hasn't gone very smoothly.  If they could get him on the cheap I could change my mind but I doubt that is possible because he does have a very high ceiling but there is just too much risk for me.  If they are going to trade some prospects I'd rather them go for a guy like Conforto and sign him to a long term deal.  

I think it's mostly that he could be available. 

I'm very skeptical that even if BVW and the mets become sellers that the types of players they shed are position players with long-ish term control.

I would imagine option 1A is just shed salary and regroup for next year. I really do like that collection of position players with mcneil, nimmo, conforto, alonso, davis, (is dom smith for real right now?). Granted, should they be sellers of these guys, I would hope sox would be involved and solve long term corner OF need (or 2b).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Frazier sent down. He's a douche but have to feel for the dude. He's put up an 843 OPS and was hitting cleanup as recently as yesterday. Now he's in AAA. 

Frazier has supposedly been very poor defensively in RF this season. That has to be a consideration in addition the the Yankees outfield logjam.

I could see them trading Frazier + for a starter

6 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Praying this is sarcasm like I think it is?

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Unless we start playing tee ball....hell no

Hahn would have been laughed out of the room by Cashman if he proposed this trade a year ago. I think Giolito could turn back into a pumpkin at any minute. Frazier solves your RF problem for the next 5 plus years and Adams is having a good year at AAA and is ready to join the rotation now. 

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Hahn would have been laughed out of the room by Cashman if he proposed this trade a year ago. I think Giolito could turn back into a pumpkin at any minute. Frazier solves your RF problem for the next 5 plus years and Adams is having a good year at AAA and is ready to join the rotation now. 

Last year when Frazier was struggling with concussion symptoms and couldn't return to the field?

I appreciate someone putting forth a worse trade proposal than mine at least.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

...oh my

Cashman might turn that down as a professional courtesy

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, mqr said:

...oh my

Cashman might turn that down as a professional courtesy

I think Cashmans reply would be"Rick, the legalization of weed in Illinois doesn't start until January, don't get caught."

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

And 3 years ago, Hahn could have laughed in Cashman's face if he proposed Judge for Rodon.  Things change.

Frazier is already a pumpkin in RF.  He has been completely brutal.  To the point where he has been avoiding the NY media because he doesn't want to talk about it.  He is most likely a DH.  Now that can change, he is still relatively young and could improve, but that certainly isn't a sure thing,

Does Frazier even have much trade value at this point? He’s a DH that has been a pretty good but not great hitter thus far in MLB. He has a net 0 WAR across parts of three seasons. I just don’t see the big appeal outside of the fact that he was once thought of as a top prospect but with his defense he’s limited to AL teams only.