GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

• bmags pinned this topic
34 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I'll be there in a mixed group.  I would like a win tonight, please.

Ditto...Cub friend of ours is in from out of town and bought tickets.  My lovely wife bought me new Sox gear for Fathers Day to rock at the game. 

I love it when someone out of the blue becomes a Sox hero at Wrigley...so I'm looking for Cordell or Tilson to have a big day!!!

And please keep us close Nova so we can get to that Cubbie bullpen.

46 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We don't match up this series very well but hopefully we can get one. 

Any series where Giolito is pitching is about as good of a matchup as you can hope for, considering our other starters. I don’t even care who starts for the other team. 

Holding the Cubs to single digits would be an accomplishment tonight with Nova on the mound. I think a split is fairly likely, unless Giolito has a bad game. 

Hard to see a way that the Sox win tonight. It's hard to see them beating any good team on nights when Giolito isn't starting. The dregs of the AL, well that is a different story. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Holding the Cubs to single digits would be an accomplishment tonight with Nova on the mound. I think a split is fairly likely, unless Giolito has a bad game. 

Don't see any way that the Sox win tonight. 

He hasn't been THAT bad that you should automatically expect a 10 spot

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

He hasn't been THAT bad that you should automatically expect a 10 spot

I pretty much expect at least a 7-8 spot against a good team in non-Giolito starts. 

Of all of the pitchers in the Sox rotation currently, Giolito is the only one with an ERA south of 6.25

Lopez-6.31

Nova-6.28

Banuelos-6.90

Despaigne-8.71

How can you not expect a 7-8 spot at the very least when these guys are pitching? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I pretty much expect at least a 7-8 spot against a good team in non-Giolito starts. 

Of all of the pitchers in the Sox rotation currently, Giolito is the only one with an ERA south of 6.25

Lopez-6.31

Nova-6.28

Banuelos-6.90

Despaigne-8.71

How can you not expect a 7-8 spot at the very least when these guys are pitching? 

Coop will fix 'em.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez-6.31

Nova-6.28

Banuelos-6.90

Despaigne-8.71

Nova has given up 1 run as many times as he’s given up more than 5. He holds teams <= 4 most of the time. I’m not saying he doesn’t suck, he does, but he’s not getting his tits blown off every single time he takes the mound. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hard to see a way that the Sox win tonight. It's hard to see them beating any good team on nights when Giolito isn't starting. The dregs of the AL, well that is a different story. 

Glad that we're not in that group anymore.

I would say I would like to see the Cubs cease to exist, but then I would have to sit next to some Winnekta dudebro and listen to him talk about how scary Bridgeport is at Sox games. So I guess they aren't all bad. 

Edited by mqr