GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Presumably, Yoan Moncada has never in his baseball life seen a slider or a breaking ball as a left handed hitter from a LHP. Actually, he's never seen a ball come out of a LHP's hand from the left handed batters box. Certainly not at any level resembling professional. 

Seeing a slider come out of a LHP's hand from behind you, having that ball break at your back or hip before it slides violently into the zone? Never having seen that before and NOW you're going to see that mid-season in the Major Leagues? With ZERO time to prepare or practice for that? Yeah, good luck. lol. I'd literally rather bat a pitcher. 

Asking him to suddenly do that, is not far short of asking Jose Abreu to suddenly hit from the left side against RHP. 

A better comparison might be asking a right-handed boxer to fight left-handed the day of a prize fight. Maybe implementing a complex new offense for a QB to run in a football game as you're sitting in the locker room, waiting to take the field. 

This is something which would require the ENTIRETY of an off-season to even attempt. 

Many (most) switch hitters have a natural side and didn’t bat from both sides until pro ball. Not sure when Moncada picked it up, but if he’s a natural LH batter, which I would assume he is, I am sure she’s faced LHP from the left side.  

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Many (most) switch hitters have a natural side and didn’t bat from both sides until pro ball. Not sure when Moncada picked it up, but if he’s a natural LH batter, which I would assume he is, I am sure she’s faced LHP from the left side.  

He's a natural RH batter

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea that's a good point why not just give up switch hitting for a couple weeks?

If a left handed batter bats lefty against a lefty, the world ends.

If a lefty bullpen arm doesn't come in against a lefty, even if he is a hall of famer, the world ends. 

Man, Steve Stone doesn’t let go of a grudge.  He mentioned his good times at Wrigley and his bad times, referencing when he was calling out the team for their performance and Moises “Piss Hands” Alou led the charge against him.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Man, Steve Stone doesn’t let go of a grudge.  He mentioned his good times at Wrigley and his bad times, referencing when he was calling out the team for their performance and Moises Alou led the charge against him.

I don't blame him it was pretty shitty how he got run out of the North Side for telling the truth about their club.