GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I can't get over that Moncada thing still. The guy has a likely strained back and should be on the shelf for 2-3 weeks and he's being forced into action to look like a jackass at the plate on a national stage. That is a fireable offense, straight asinine to say the least

Yeah, he needs rest. No reason to aggravate his injury. Put him on the shelf until after the ASB. 

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I get that you have to carry a dozen bad pitchers on the back end. 

I get that you need to keep carrying scrubs on the roster like Rondon, Alonso, and Cordell. 

But tell me not one guy, not a singe one you could have sacrificed to get another IF up here knowing damn  well Moncada is hurt and can't play. 

Or maybe IL Moncada, what a concept. 

Yep no reason to risk further injury to Yoan. Same crap happened last year with the hamstring. Those idiots had him trying to steal bases a day or two after initially tweaking something.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I can't get over that Moncada thing still. The guy has a likely strained back and should be on the shelf for 2-3 weeks and he's being forced into action to look like a jackass at the plate on a national stage. That is a fireable offense, straight asinine to say the least

Completely agree. I applauded the decision because of Hamels pitch count, but if there was a chance Maddon leaves him in (which he did) and Moncada is injured (which he was) then it was just plain moronic. 

I'd rather see Collins hit if that's the case. At least he's healthy and you would've gotten the same result.

Why is everyone surprised that Moncada is out there? This is the Crosstown Classic and Hahn wants to show off his shiny toys. 

Remember this is the same front office that thought Yonder Alonso and Jon Jay meant more to Manny Machado than 50 million dollars. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Why is everyone surprised that Moncada is out there? This is the Crosstown Classic and Hahn wants to show off his shiny toys. 

Remember this is the same front office that thought Yonder Alonso and Jon Jay meant more to Manny Machado than 50 million dollars. 

Dude not everything is some conspiracy theory. 

• Like 2