GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Btw, Benetti & Stone have been just terrific tonight.  Have captured the spirit of the crosstown classic just right.  

Love it. Benetti throwing shade after the HR, saying thanks Cubs. Then when Baez flies out, saying not everyone can not square up a ball and hit it out. 

What a game. This is not hyperbole. Eloy will own this city a long time if he can stay healthy. Hahn will go down in history as one of the stars in Chicago front office history over one trade. Might as well give Hahn a lifetime contract. You steal a man mountain like this ... you get the rewards baby.

Eloy is that special.

At any rate, no negativity tonight. Just enjoy Sox fans. Think of how mad those Cub fans are leaving this game because of ELOY!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

What?  Rondon has been awful while we have Mendick in AAA.  Collins should have replaced Castillo weeks ago. Palka should have also replaced Cordell awhile ago.  There are players that need and deserve to get a look to see what we have.  It's the middle of June and our window is about to open.

Our window isn't opening this year. But hey go apply for GM . You have all the answers.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

What a game. This is not hyperbole. Eloy will own this city a long time if he can stay healthy. Hahn will go down in history as one of the stars in Chicago front office history over one trade. Might as well give Hahn a lifetime contract. You steal a man mountain like this ... you get the rewards baby.

Eloy is that special.

At any rate, no negativity tonight. Just enjoy Sox fans. Think of how mad those Cub fans are leaving this game because of ELOY!!!!! 

Narrator: It was, in fact, hyperbole 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Our window isn't opening this year. But hey go apply for GM . You have all the answers.

No shit.  Don't you think it's, idk, maybe a sound approach to see what type of MLB caliber players our AAA roster has?  Especially when 4 or so guys have been terrible this year and likely will be done with this orginization?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

One of those nights where losing my dad hurts even more. He would have fucking loved that game. Glad I could share it with all of you 

My dad wasn't a Sox fan, but was a baseball fan (Dodgers) and he would have texted me after that just telling the Cubs to suck it.

• Like 1

Just now, BFirebird said:

That Eloy HR is a great intro to the Cubs/Sox rivalry for the next 8 years hopefully. One that Cub fans will hopefully regret for years to come. That was great theatre tonight. Great game and great win. 

I'll bet we won over a few new fans tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Eh why? rain? 

Looks like it, starting at 5 pm and getting worse as the hours pass. Stone even hinted at it early on

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

My dad wasn't a Sox fan, but was a baseball fan (Dodgers) and he would have texted me after that just telling the Cubs to suck it.

I appreciate you sharing that. Emotional stuff man

Most exciting game I’ve seen in awhile.  Colome uncorked a 96 MPH fastball but I can see why he keeps throwing that 91 MPH cutter.  It drops off the table and the Cubs were missing it by half a foot to a foot.  Colome is legit and should have a lot of value.