GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

21 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

That Eloy HR is a great intro to the Cubs/Sox rivalry for the next 8 years hopefully. One that Cub fans will hopefully regret for years to come. That was great theatre tonight. Great game and great win. 

They only recently started to forget the Lou Brock trade and now this.  Gotta love it.

49 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Hoolllyyy shhheeeeiiittttt YESSSSSSS Eloy da man!!!

Good use of the pen by renteria. Colome can shut them down now. Would really like to not face. Kimbrel

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

Now Colome needs to go show Theo that he is worth Nico to replace Pedro Strop.

Theo might just look at that...he's a win now kind of guy.

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

Its why I've always liked @fathom He might be a tad negative, but he knows more about baseball than most of the people here, and at least he explains his shit and does take the time to enjoy the good things.

I love fathom but cmon; he's way more negative and positive in the game threads where he posts the most. I worship fathom but this is silly praise IMO.

7 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Many (most) switch hitters have a natural side and didn’t bat from both sides until pro ball. Not sure when Moncada picked it up, but if he’s a natural LH batter, which I would assume he is, I am sure she’s faced LHP from the left side.  

I mean, let's say he started switch hitting between 12-14. He started playing pro Cuban ball at 17, so that seems safe. That means he has not seen LHP in over a decade, never saw professional LHP and possibly never even saw a single breaking pitch from that side. As kids don't tend to begin throwing those until 12-13. Making him do that in the midst of a major league season after never doing it outside of youth leagues would be sheer insanity and setting a player up to fail in a huge way.

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Tonight's game was proof that Nova belongs in the NL. Hopefully the second half of the season we get a good AL version. 

Nova has not been bad, at all lately. He certainly isn't the gas can he was to begin the year and has actually resembled what you would expect from a solid back end rotational starter. It's no longer fair to throw his name into the "shit list" when we're talking about bad White Sox starters right now. Lately when he's been out there, we've had a shot. Going back to his terrible Toronto start really.

5 hours ago, BFirebird said:

That Eloy HR is a great intro to the Cubs/Sox rivalry for the next 8 years hopefully. One that Cub fans will hopefully regret for years to come. That was great theatre tonight. Great game and great win. 

I doubt it. Winning baseball covers a lot of regret.

7 hours ago, BFirebird said:

Went to a Cub fan site for the fun of it. They're fuming about the Eloy trade, saying that Theo got fleeced. They're also pissed at Bennitti for something and really are pissed about their anemic offense. I am hoping the Cubs dynasty is over and that Eloy has another homer in his bat tonight.

15 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Went to a Cub fan site for the fun of it. They're fuming about the Eloy trade, saying that Theo got fleeced. They're also pissed at Bennitti for something and really are pissed about their anemic offense. I am hoping the Cubs dynasty is over and that Eloy has another homer in his bat tonight.

Always be a good winner with your Cub fan friends.  The bad karma always comes back to bite you in the ass.

8 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

No shit.  Don't you think it's, idk, maybe a sound approach to see what type of MLB caliber players our AAA roster has?  Especially when 4 or so guys have been terrible this year and likely will be done with this orginization?

I'm confused.  You said our window is about to open but when I said it's not opening this year you eloquently replied , no shit ? SO maybe you should be more clear about when you think the window is opening. It's not as simple as just bring guys up and released other guys. You have to replace everyone at all levels when you make moves. If you bring Mendick up who replaces him ? Madrigal ? Maybe the Sox don't want to move Madrigal yet . Maybe they don't think Cordell has had a long enough look yet. Maybe they don't like Palkas defense when the pitching is so bad anyway. Maybe if you DFA Castillo and some injury happens on another team you miss an opportunity to pick up a piece.  Mendick isn't a savior  nor is Palka.

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

They are upset that Benetti said, “Thanks Cubs!” as Eloy was walking across home plate.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Always be a good winner with your Cub fan friends.  The bad karma always comes back to bite you in the ass.

I will allow myself one day to gloat. I have had to deal with enough bad karma from Cub fans in my lifetime. I realize this is just one game, but I will enjoy it.  I know the White Sox still have a long way to go. Meanwhile, when Cub fans treat me with some courtesy, I'll let you know.