GT Chicago v Chicago, 6/18/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Please don't insult Yolmer like that.  There are few if any big leaguers that have hit as poorly as Engel and were given that many PA.  Compared to Engel, Yolmer is Mike Trout.

My point is Sanchez is all glove minimal bat.  

Can't carry a luxury like that, same way they tried carrying Engel.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

I actually think Madrigal could outhit Yolmer right now.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Sanchez should be non-tendered after this season. Let him go be a mascot elsewhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's 35.  No.

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This.

So what? Sox need a reliable lefty in the rotation and Hamels fits that to a T. A 2 year deal for around 40 million is a smart move this offseason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

He's 35.  No.

Are you not allowed to be a good pitcher if you are 35+?   Didn't realize there was an age restriction.  

2 years for a guy like Hamels is a the type of deal that makes sense for the Sox, as they await all their Tommy John guys to get back up and running. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

So what? Sox need a reliable lefty in the rotation and Hamels fits that to a T. A 2 year deal for around 40 million is a smart move this offseason. 

I would be all for this, as long as he doesn’t pout like a baby as he did for the Rangers last year 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

That's not who the Sox should be targeting for the opening of a contention window.  They should be targeting guys like Cole, Wheeler, Strasburg (if he opts out) that have prime years left.  He's 35.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Are you not allowed to be a good pitcher if you are 35+?   Didn't realize there was an age restriction.  

2 years for a guy like Hamels is a the type of deal that makes sense for the Sox, as they await all their Tommy John guys to get back up and running. 

Thank you.  We would all love Gerrit Cole but I don't see the Sox ever giving a pitcher a 150 million dollar plus contract.

Hamels makes a ton of sense for the Sox. 

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

That's not who the Sox should be targeting for the opening of a contention window.  They should be targeting guys like Cole, Wheeler, Strasburg (if he opts out) that have prime years left.  He's 35.

I guess we didn't learn from this past offseason.    Stop dreaming Sox Fans!    

Target people who the Sox realistically have a shot at getting.   

• Like 1

I don’t want Hamels cuz I am waiting for Hahn to sign the top guys like Cole or Bumgarner like we all know he will with the swimming pool of Reinsdorf’s money he will have available in the offseason.

Edited by Moan4Yoan