Hahn and Hawk on the Score

Jack Parkman

Interesting that he says regarding Moncada's injury he feels it swinging from the right side not the left. Well.. Sox are facing Hamels and Lester (2 LH) this series. 

I like what he said about Collins and McCann too as far as preparation as a catcher off the field in his development. Hahn really likes the word "elite" it seems.

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Interesting that he says regarding Moncada's injury he feels it swinging from the right side not the left. Well.. Sox are facing Hamels and Lester (2 LH) this series. 

I like what he said about Collins and McCann too as far as preparation as a catcher off the field in his development. Hahn really likes the word "elite" it seems.

Did he indicate Collins is here to stay?? I went back and looked at Merks' tweets and couldn't find such info.

5 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Did he indicate Collins is here to stay?? I went back and looked at Merks' tweets and couldn't find such info.

I believe it was a comment to someone else's tweets.  That may help you find it.  

4 minutes ago, Jake said:

Hope folks will summarize Hahn's comments

"We feel we've put ourselves in a position for sustained success and have seen some of the work we've done in scouting, development and team building come together this year."

"But as we all know progress isn't linear and we shouldn't necessarily assume wins and losses at the big league level is a perfectly accurate representation of the progress at all levels in the organization since we started this process a few years ago".

"I've spoken to the chairman and he has assured me the resources will be available to bolster our club and that [FA] is an avenue we will pursue this offseason."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Hawk was on with Mulligan this morning.  Didn't take him long to start in on advanced stats and launch angles. 

As in, he was bashing it?

Did he mention that the only thing that matters is TWTW (“The Will To Win”)?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

No said it could be a few weeks he’s up

Makes some sense to be non-committal about the timing. If he really flops, you send him down once Welington is healthy and act like you always knew he probably needed more time in AAA.