Postgame: Eloy Reigns! (White Sox winner)

Panerista

I could just picture the smug shit-inning grin on all of the Cubs fans I know after that dreadful two pitch swing in the first inning (Eloy bases-loaded DP followed by Schwarber HR). But pitching kept us in it and Eloy got to be the big hero against his former team. Great bullpen mgmt by Ricky makes me almost overlook the blunder in putting in Moncada (who needs to REST), and great performance by the bullpen and, with one notable exception, the defense. Go Sox! Let’s see Giolito get #11 tomorrow!

Edited by Chris Sale
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wanne said:

I can't wipe this shit eating grin off my face...probably for the next 24 hours.

Dude yea!  Perfectly said.   Last time I had this grin was 2008 sweep, 2007 sweep, 2005 playoffs all the way to 2006 slapping the shit outa the plate.  I missed this grin!

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

What happened with Moncada exactly?

obviously hurt, tried to bunt, struck out.  just getting more and more bizarre why he's not on the fucking DL.  Just rest him.  FFS it's a long season and a long rebuild.   If he's so hurt he can't swing it's absurd he's not on the IL let alone in the  game.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I have no idea what Eloy's MLB ceiling is as a hitter, but if you only look at the recent stats and not the earlier stats where he was adjusting to MLB pitching he's raking just as hard as he was in the minors. I'm even more excited to see what Luis Robert can do, he could be even better if he's anywhere even close to his ceiling.

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

What happened with Moncada exactly?

RR said pregame his back acts up vs LHP's. RR then took out Rondon for him while Hamels was still in. Moncada attempted a few bunts and then took strike 3. Very embarrassing for Yoan and  extremely mismanaged by Renteria to put the franchise player in like that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

obviously hurt, tried to bunt, struck out.  just getting more and more bizarre why he's not on the fucking DL.  Just rest him.  FFS it's a long season and a long rebuild.   If he's so hurt he can't swing it's absurd he's not on the IL let alone in the  game.

^^^

One could argue that it is more beneficial for the Sox to lose games while the guys that matter play well. Another top 10 pick to the system would be nice. 

• Haha 1