GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He doesn’t know anything these days.  Whatever sources he had have gone AWOL.  Dude was saying all offseason that Machado was as good as a Sox.

He has plenty of sources. Not his fault members of the Sox org read situation wrong. I was referring to him interviewing Giolito this week

Just now, SoxAce said:

I'm sure Royals fans say the same about Anderson.

Seriously. I loved that bat flip, in so much as it pissed me off and was a perfect heel move. Well, that and the fact that it was swaggy as hell. I'm here for it

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

It‘s the first inning, and fluctuations like that are completely normal. Armchair analysts always crack me up.

He had a bad inning. It happens.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There could be something to what soxfan49 is saying. Giolito's velocity is down tonight. No 96-97s like we had become used to. He's topping out at 95 tonight. 

I'm not trying to armchair anything. Most of his pitches end with him bending and almost making a 90 degree angle with his top half and bottom half. Some of those pitches in the 1st ended with him at a 150 degree angle. It started at the end of the Yankees outing. I have no clue if it's effecting velocity but the control seems to be off

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Go watch ball 2 to Bote. That looked completely different than his other pitches. Look at his body there at the end compared to strike 1 to Lester

I just looked at it.  He finishes his pitch.  His head is over his front side, his arm is decelerating on his gloveside.  His back leg then swings over his hip level and then he stands up.  You are looking at eyewash at the end that is not indicative of a mechanical issue.    

Just now, Soxfest said:

Lester getting calls that LG did not already 

You can't blame Gio for that inning. He was absolutely getting squeezed and McCann did him no favors. That inning was on McCann and the ump. He had to throw it down the heart of the plate to get a strike call. There are obviously 2 different zones. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He has plenty of sources. Not his fault members of the Sox org read situation wrong. I was referring to him interviewing Giolito this week

I’m not buying it.  Also, the guy flip flopped entirely.  Was all excited about the Sox getting Machado and then reverted back to saying the Sox don’t need him because of all their young prospects the second he signed with San Diego. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You can't blame Gio for that inning. He was absolutely getting squeezed and McCann did him no favors. That inning was on McCann and the ump. He had to throw it down the heart of the plate to get a strike call. There are obviously 2 different zones. 

Dude come on

• Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic