GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

• bmags pinned this topic
2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Hopefully they sneak this one in, it'd be nice to build off yesterday's winner and get to .500. Also yesterday Sox fans we're very noticeable in the stands, gotta love Sox fans taking over wrigley!

I was there and the energy from the Sox fans was incredible.  I did not see it but my wife said the Sox fan who got the Eloy homer stood on his chair, held up the ball and kissed it as the Cubbie fans desperately pleaded to "throw it back" :cool:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

This is going to be a dog fight. Cubs will come out swinging, we have to weather the storm, and have the fortitude to take this one.

They'll also have Contreras and Almora in the starting lineup I'd bet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What happened to Leury yesterday? I watched the whole game but did I miss something when I went to the bathroom?

It looks like he had a limp and was running awkwardly all game. Fegan noted it's been like this for a few games now. 

Cubs fans bending over backwards to defend that trade is hilarious.  They got absolutely fleeced.   Hahn traded Quintana when you could still squint and see a good #2.   But that's not the pitcher he's been in Wrigley.  He's been more like a innings eater than a TOR starter.  The last time his K rate was so low he was walking an entire batter less per game.  His stuff just isn't what it was on the South Side.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Cubs fans bending over backwards to defend that trade is hilarious.  They got absolutely fleeced.   Hahn traded Quintana when you could still squint and see a good #2.   But that's not the pitcher he's been in Wrigley.  He's been more like a innings eater than a TOR starter.  The last time his K rate was so low he was walking an entire batter less per game.  His stuff just isn't what it was on the South Side.

Imagine if they traded Eloy and Cease for Verlander. 

33 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

No they will just sit him today and assume the 2 days off will be good enough for him.

They won't assume. They will have done the medical exam and made their best educated guess. The critical thinking is why they call it the practice of medicine not the science of medicine.

16 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Gio making the case for ASG starter after Verlander got shelled last night.  Lets go.

The starter is usually determined by when their spot in the rotation comes up. Last year the astros had Verlander pitch just prior to the game so he didn't pitch in the game. He got his rest for the 2nd half of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that again and Verlander isn't even a consideration.

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard about Eloy’s WAR over the last 24 hours as justification for trading him

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard about Eloy’s WAR over the last 24 hours as justification for trading him

In 2024 when Eloy is a 5 WAR player hitting 290/360/550 annually and Quintana is barely hanging around the league as a back end starter it will be obvious who got the better of the deal.   Cease will have his say as well.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic