GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

Man, one mediocre outing and there are people just ready to rail on Lucas. Get a life. Even the best pitchers in baseball get rocked once in awhile. It happens. Some people on this board act like life is over and they are ready to jump off a ledge the instant a guy makes one bad play or has one bad outing. 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What? Hammels and Hendricks have pitched like aces this year and Lester usually does, but not as often as before. Darvish is a luxury for them right now. 

Hamels has pitched like an ace but he isn't their ace. Hendricks is a fine pitcher but if he's their guy in October he has no shot. I also have no clue how his shoulder is. Darvish is going to have to pitch like $126M in the playoffs if they want a chance (if they get there). I won't even comment on Lester because you know that's ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Hamels has pitched like an ace but he isn't their ace. Hendricks is a fine pitcher but if he's their guy in October he has no shot. I also have no clue how his shoulder is. Darvish is going to have to pitch like $126M in the playoffs if they want a chance (if they get there). I won't even comment on Lester because you know that's ridiculous.

Just because the Cubs paid Yu a lot of money doesn’t mean he is their ace.  Lester and Hamels are their guys.

And Hendricks has a 2.98 ERA in 11 career postseason games.  I guess the Cubs have had a decent shot with him in October.

Please stop spreading this fake news.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Fan O'Faust said:

I love hearing people talk about all of the so-called “strategy” associated with the double switch.  Meanwhile, it’s the most predictable move you can imagine.  No “strategy” involved whatsoever.  

THANK YOU!!!!!

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic