GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

You said it yourself that McCann was doing him no favors, and that Contreras was sitting change the whole AB. 

Yes but he still piped a low fastball to Schwarber, walked Rizzo and wasn’t close with Baez.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yes but he still piped a low fastball to Schwarber, walked Rizzo and wasn’t close with Baez.  

He got squeezed vs Rizzo and Baez I'll give you.  If the ump isn't called anything but center cut pitches you're going to walk people and get lit. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

JP is usually pretty good at defending Giolito in starts he struggles. This time he is being totally delusional. 

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

He got squeezed vs Rizzo and Baez I'll give you.  If the ump isn't called anything but center cut pitches you're going to walk people and get lit. 

Not a single ball to Rizzo was called incorrectly

Just now, SoxAce said:

JP is usually pretty decent of defending Giolito in starts he struggles. This time he is being totally delusional. 

Nope, you're wrong. The ump isn't calling anything for him that isn't center cut.  He's not that wild he's barely missing. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

JP is usually pretty decent of defending Giolito in starts he struggles. This time he is being totally delusional. 

Trust me, I would like nothing more than saying umpire is completely screwing the Sox. In that inning, he didn’t. Ump also seems to be very influenced by the framing.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nope, you're wrong. The ump isn't calling anything for him that isn't center cut.  He's not that wild he's barely missing. 

image.png

This is the 3-2 walk to Rizzo. Looks like 4 good calls to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic