6/20 Games

BamaDoc

11 hours ago, turnin' two said:

What point are you trying to make with this terrible post?

A comment on him struggling lately up until that homer? It's not "terrible." It might be a pessimistic comment but it certainly was factual. Not sure how it's "terrible."

Edited by soxfan49

4 minutes ago, bjm676 said:

Anyone know why Jimmy Lambert appeared in the box score, but never even threw a pitch?

I saw that yesterday and was confused.  I thought it was something bugging/erroring out. I checked transactions and I don't see him reinstated from the IL.

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

A comment on him struggling lately up until that homer? It's not "terrible." It might be a pessimistic comment but it certainly was factual. Not sure how it's "terrible."

16 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Robert 0-2, now down to .303 with a free falling OPS below .850

You said his OPS is "free falling" at .850.  That is a terrible insight.  Plus what is the point?  Letting people you know he stinks?  Is overrated?  Having a bad week?  

Keep in mind his last game as the All Star game, in which he had a 2B and a 3B.  It isn't like he forgot how to play.  And it isn't like he is being overmatched.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

You said his OPS is "free falling" at .850.  That is a terrible insight.  Plus what is the point?  Letting people you know he stinks?  Is overrated?  Having a bad week?  

Keep in mind his last game as the All Star game, in which he had a 2B and a 3B.  It isn't like he forgot how to play.  And it isn't like he is being overmatched.

What's the point? Couldn't you say that anytime someone posts something negative about a young player? Some of us don't follow the prospects as much as others so yes, I believe pointing out a large dip in production is worthwhile. It was a factual comment, dude. Relax. I've said multiple times how exciting of a player he is, but his OPS fell about 110 points in the last 3 weeks. How is that "terrible" insight if it's a fact? It's a rough patch that he'll surely get himself out of. If I said "tough game for Eloy, he went 0-4 with 3 k's" is that not a fact? I'm not complaining. I'm stating a fact.

Edited by soxfan49

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What's the point? Couldn't you say that anytime someone posts something negative about a young player? Some of us don't follow the prospects as much as others so yes, I believe pointing out a large dip in production is worthwhile. It was a factual comment, dude. Relax. I've said multiple times how exciting of a player he is, but his OPS fell about 110 points in the last 3 weeks. It's a rough patch that he'll surely get himself out of. If I said "tough game for Eloy, he went 0-4 with 3 k's" is that not a fact? I'm not complaining. I'm stating a fact.

Ok.  Cool.  Great point.  He had a bad week and a half.  Then after 2 more ABs you said he was free falling.  Then he hit a dinger.  Great, should I use that 1 AB sample size to project him?

Saying he was "free falling" and "down to .303"  seem overly negative and critical of a guy that has done nothing but impress this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Ok.  Cool.  Great point.  He had a bad week and a half.  Then after 2 more ABs you said he was free falling.  Then he hit a dinger.  Great, should I use that 1 AB sample size to project him?

Saying he was "free falling" and "down to .303"  seem overly negative and critical of a guy that has done nothing but impress this year.

Going from .351 to .303 average and .953 to .846 OPS in about 3 weeks isn't free falling?

Edited by soxfan49