Rangers and Sox Game Thread

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

As would I.  Very reasonable effort for a #5.  Unfortunately...he's our #2.

I'm staying positive with Lopez.  But maybe we need a new pitching coach that can assist him.  Look at Giolito...  horrible last year but tweaked his delivery without Cooper's assistance and is a top starter in the MLB this year.  So if Giolito sucked last year and Lopez was average last year and sucks this year, what is the common denominator?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Agreed.  I know Chicago White Sox thinks we are signing top talent but I would seriously take advantage of Puig's suckitude this year and sign him to a cheapish 3 year deal.  Good D, strong arm, and a .800+ OPS usually.  Then spend most of your money on starting pitching and bullpen.

We are definitely signing top tier talent and can do better than Puig.  If we add big elsewhere I could live with him on a pillow contract, but no way am I giving him a three year deal at this point.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We are definitely signing top tier talent and can do better than Puig.  If we add big elsewhere I could live with him on a pillow contract, but no way am I giving him a three year deal at this point.

Name names, please.

Puig will likely get 2, probably 3 years easy just because of his age and recent history of success.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

I'm staying positive with Lopez.  But maybe we need a new pitching coach that can assist him.  Look at Giolito...  horrible last year but tweaked his delivery without Cooper's assistance and is a top starter in the MLB this year.  So if Giolito sucked last year and Lopez was average last year and sucks this year, what is the common denominator?

We can hope.