McCann finalist for catcher for ASG

Real

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

We don't have any money on the books. 

I was assuming a payroll of 150 Million.  A 30M per year salary on our current team would be using more than 50%...a ridiculous situation to be in.  Our current low committed payroll coupled with the ability to spend at least 150 million now makes us players for any players we desire to pursue.  I hope that we pursue pitching and pitching and still more pitching.  A right fielder would also be nice.  Then go ahead and pursue even more pitching.

3 hours ago, poppysox said:

You are right...in 10 years no one will remember which of us is right  about Moncada & Madrigal.  I have been one of Madrigals biggest supporters on this sight.  You tend to be Mr. negative about most things.  These are just opinions we have.  No one is right or wrong about anything we discuss. Just because you like to be more confrontational doesn't make you any more right in your opinions than anyone else.   JUST OPINIONS.🙂

Me ? Mr Negative ? You don't know me at all. I tell the truth and love prospects. I deal in reality. What I just said to you was not negative it was the truth. I call a spade a spade. I don't look at things through rose colored glasses except for prospects because they are young and deserve the benefit of the doubt though I know most won't make it. What I don't do is automatically pencil prospects into a ML career for 10 years let alone predict massive success for them. I want them to succeed , hope they , succeed , wish they all have long careers but I don't use my hopes and wishes to make arguments I can't substantiate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Me ? Mr Negative ? You don't know me at all. I tell the truth and love prospects. I deal in reality. What I just said to you was not negative it was the truth. I call a spade a spade. I don't look at things through rose colored glasses except for prospects because they are young and deserve the benefit of the doubt though I know most won't make it. What I don't do is automatically pencil prospects into a ML career for 10 years let alone predict massive success for them. I want them to succeed , hope they , succeed , wish they all have long careers but I don't use my hopes and wishes to make arguments I can't substantiate.

It's called being a fan.

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

It's called being a fan.

Yes you are a fan as am I and have been here for 15 years, We are just different kinds of fans. I don't have blind faith.

I have needled posters such as Fathom for getting on guys like Madrigal and Rutherford. I also have told him he is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.  I have got on Moan4Yoan about him ragging on the front office constantly but I have also told him he knows his stuff and it's good he reminds us of the many many mistakes that the FO has made. I call out posters for being overly arrogant and in your case overly and perhaps unrealistically optimistic. I am sorry if you feel I am picking on you. Everyone posts negative comments ,even you . We all wish the best for this team and have many differing opinions on how best to become a winning team. There is no malice in my posts.

• Like 1

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

He’ll still be backup catcher right?  I really can’t argue with the results since they make sense.

Yes but it's stupid they allow the primary votes to bank for the final. They should have weighted my vote more since I hadn't voted in a while.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yes but it's stupid they allow the primary votes to bank for the final. They should have weighted my vote more since I hadn't voted in a while.

Moncada should be a backup too if you ask me. Sox should have three All-Stars.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I've always thought there was a good reason each team drafts about 100 players a year. I rarely get excited about prospects. The last time was probably 20 years ago when we had five sure fire Cy Young prospects that all flamed out.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yes you are a fan as am I and have been here for 15 years, We are just different kinds of fans. I don't have blind faith.

I have needled posters such as Fathom for getting on guys like Madrigal and Rutherford. I also have told him he is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor.  I have got on Moan4Yoan about him ragging on the front office constantly but I have also told him he knows his stuff and it's good he reminds us of the many many mistakes that the FO has made. I call out posters for being overly arrogant and in your case overly and perhaps unrealistically optimistic. I am sorry if you feel I am picking on you. Everyone posts negative comments ,even you . We all wish the best for this team and have many differing opinions on how best to become a winning team. There is no malice in my posts.

Well said.  Stay off Madrigal's back.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, poppysox said:

It's called being a fan.

Being a fan is wanting the prospect to succeed. Being unrealistic is saying the prospect will be better than Machado at any point. Or that the prospect is a surefire great player in the making when trying to discount the acquisition of a 5 to 7 WAR player. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Being a fan is wanting the prospect to succeed. Being unrealistic is saying the prospect will be better than Machado at any point. Or that the prospect is a surefire great player in the making when trying to discount the acquisition of a 5 to 7 WAR player. 

I didn't say Madrigal would be a better player then Machado...I said he would still be playing winning baseball when Machado had hung em up.  

We’re half way thru the season and McCann has the highest WAR of any catcher in baseball. Who predicted that?!

What a steal of a signing by Hahn. The second best FA signing of his tenure after Jose Abreu. It’s great that he’s still arb eligible next season too.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Love 1