Sox sign Hector Santiago

Moan4Yoan

Went to see the Knights play the Bulls last night and today for a father son trip. Met a lot of players, had a great time but we lost both.

However, Santiago looked very good today. Went I think 5 innings with 1 run and only let up a 3hits. He was 91-94 the whole time and had good control with 1 walk and 7 k's. Looked a lot better than the garbage we roll out now at the major league level. Detwiler threw on Monday but was pulled after 2, didnt look very good out there honestly. He would be more garbage. 

I was surprised that the White Sox didn't resign Santiago this past off season. His numbers weren't bad last year and he's better than most of the starting rotation the team has now. And he could have been signed very cheaply. I would imagine he'll be called up soon.

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I think giving Fulmer/Santiago 3 innings each every 5 days would make our 2nd best pitcher on the staff. Would love to see the Sox think progressively like that but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Fulmer looked better in last nights game.  One of the few bright spots to take away from a lackluster game.