Sox and Rangers Game #2

8:05 Central Start Time

Despaigne(8.71...lol) vs Lance Lynn (4.16)

According to MLB.com..."Lynn has a 2.92 ERA in his last 8 starts and while averaging 11.35 strikeouts and 1.38 walks per nine. 8 straight quality starts." This match-up certainly doesn't favor the Sox, but again, this is baseball...Also, let's try to have a game where we don't get screwed up the home-plate umpire again.

And ya boy Alonso is back, hitting cleanupĀ šŸ™„Ā But Collins gets his first career start as a catcher!Ā šŸ˜Ž

1) Leury CF

2) Moncada 3B

3) Abreu 1B

4) Alonso DH

5) Eloy LF

6) Anderson SS

7) Yolmer 2B

šŸ˜ŽĀ Collins C

9) Tilson RF

Edited by ScooterMcGee

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Glad Leury is healthy enough to get the start but would have preferred to see if Cordell could keep it going, he looked dangerous last night for the 1st time an awhile and Tilson is a worse defender and we're going to need all the defense we can get tonight.

Agreed. I don't understand the logic behind sitting someone when they get hot for a game. Alonso continuing to take ABs away from these guys.Ā 

And with McCann out of the lineup...Sox are going to need a lot of things to go right to win tonight's game. I'm kind of riding on Leury, Tim and Moncada to pull the load for the offense.

At least in this ball park Alonso stands a chance of lifting one into that jet stream blowing towards RF and notching a cheap HR.

However, I'm not sure if our offense will be able to overcome the 12 spot Texas posts tonight against Despaigne.Ā šŸ˜‰

I get the feeling Despaigne will be blown up and we never see him again. This ball park + the left handed bats Texas has + Omar Despaigne = KA BOOM!

Of course, I have predicted a few blow ups for Nova recently that didn't come true. So, I hope I am wrong again.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Richie

23 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Agreed. I don't understand the logic behind sitting someone when they get hot for a game. Alonso continuing to take ABs away from these guys.Ā 

And with McCann out of the lineup...Sox are going to need a lot of things to go right to win tonight's game. I'm kind of riding on Leury, Tim and Moncada to pull the load for the offense.

Yea we're going to need a Tim bomb it feels like.Ā  Last night the Sox really hit the shit out of the ball they just got unlucky numerous times.Ā  Ā With a little better luck they could have had 7-8 runs instead of 5.Ā  Ā Need to keep that hitting going tonight and the luck should improve.

Ā 

Edited by chitownsportsfan

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

At least in this ball park Alonso stands a chance of lifting one into that jet stream blowing towards RF and notching a cheap HR.

However, I'm not sure if our offense will be able to overcome the 12 spot Texas posts tonight against Despaigne.Ā šŸ˜‰

I get the feeling Despaigne will be blown up and we never see him again. This ball park + the left handed bats Texas has + Omar Despaigne = KA BOOM!

Of course, I have predicted a few blow ups for Nova recently that didn't come true. So, I hope I am wrong again.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well, hopefully by his next start, Covey will be back. But haven't heard any updates on him yet.Ā 

29 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I think this is a pure "handedness" play by Renteria. It looks like he's loading up on LHH tonight.

And, I think im agnostic on the matter of Tilson v. Cordell for tonight; Tilson's best splits are v. RHP on the road, but Cordell's better splits are also v. RHP.

Ā 

I suppose an argument could be made for either player for tonight. Honestly, IF Renteia was gonna sit McCann, why not also sit Leury, given his splits v RHP?Ā 

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Well, hopefully by his next start, Covey will be back. But haven't heard any updates on him yet.Ā 

You know it's bad when you're praying for the return of Dylan Covey. lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Richie said:

Ā 

Ā 

They showed that "jet stream" on the Rangers broadcast last night and I was pretty blown away (almost literally through my monitor).Ā  The flags were absolutely ripping in that part of the park.Ā  Eloy could fist one out that way as well today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

He threw a 25 pitch side session the other day iirc

Ā 

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Letā€™s strive mightily to win the game and quit griping about stuffĀ 

^^^

lol at Pnoles:

Look I'm as happy as anybody that club is watchable and mediocre instead of dog shit but the reality is they are still a long way's away from competing for a WS.Ā  Ā I really don't need to root for Jon Jay to steal any ABs from a piece that will actually matter after this year.Ā  Nova and Despaigne sure I'll root for them but not at the expense of bringing up Cease or (and this should be looked at) trading for a starter this year.

It's a total buyer's market.Ā  If the Sox can ID a SP they think has a good chance to contribute the next 3-4 years they should jump on it.

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Sox get clowned on this game and all the optimists in here pound sand

Weird thing to be pulling for there

nothing like shutting up the people...who want good things to happen

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 2

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic