Sox and Rangers Game #2

7 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I'm sick of this service B.S.

If you can't afford to run a major market franchise, you have no business owning a team.

And how do you know Cease won't be a stud when gets up here. 

We keep these pitchers on the farm for several years then bring them up just in time for them to undergo TJS.

I guess Tatis Jr. would still be in Single A if he was still with the Sox.

Good for him that he was traded.

He's not ready. He's not pitching well enough in AAA. You know I did mention he wasn't ready and shouldn't come up just to get lit up in a non contention year. Service time isn't the only issue.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Garcia won't be a starter on this contending team. That is Robert's spot

Well, who is your right fielder? Robert in center and Eloy in left. Not like we can count on Basabe or Adolfo anymore

Edited by ScooterMcGee

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's not ready. He's not pitching well enough in AAA. You know I did mention he wasn't ready and shouldn't come up just to get lit up in a non contention year. Service time isn't the only issue.

He is pitching fine in AAA. I believe @raBBit said he's third in all of AAA in FIP. He's had some bad luck on some soft hit balls. Bring him up.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Garcia could easily start for this team.

As a RF?  Hell no, I like Leury but if you want Sox to contend, it’s time to actually want improvements all over the field in terms of talent. Leury should be a backup.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

He is pitching fine in AAA. I believe @raBBit said he's third in all of AAA in FIP. He's had some bad luck on some soft hit balls. Bring him up.

He’s not been fine last few weeks. A bit unlucky, but his command has still been bad.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

As a RF?  Hell no, I like Leury but if you want Sox to contend, it’s time to actually want improvements all over the field in terms of talent. Leury should be a backup.

Doh, I thought we were talking about Avisail lol.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s not been fine last few weeks. A bit unlucky, but his command has still been bad.

Let him struggle in Chicago. He could be bored, he could be pressing, whatever. Anything's better than Champagne and bullpen days

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Whatever

You're probably not old enough to remember the Sox bullpen being anchored by 20 year old future hall of famer Goose  Gossage and 19 year old Terry Forester in 1971.

They were the best righty-lefty bullpen duo in my lifetime as a Sox fan.

No whining about service contracts or not being ready back then.

It's all B S. to keep these owners from paying these guys a dollar more before they have to. 

Despaigne is a major league pitcher but Cease isn't ?

LOL....Please.

To call Despaigne an innings-eater is an insult to inner-eaters everywhere.

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A free agent

2019: Marcell Ozuna, Castellanos, Puig, Eaton (he ain't coming back)

2020: Betts, Springer, Cespedes, David Peralta, Brantley, Joc Pederson, Bradley Jr., Jay Bruce, Stanton (opt out)

Some good options there actually. Not sure I would hang my hat on any of the 2019 options...abut who knows how many of these guys will extend

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic