Sox and Rangers Game #2

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He is pitching fine in AAA. I believe @raBBit said he's third in all of AAA in FIP. He's had some bad luck on some soft hit balls. Bring him up.

Well if you want to believe a Rabbit that's up to you. His last 3 or 4 starts he hasn't had command of his fastball . If you think a 1.55 WHIP is good then fine. He doesn't belong up now. His last 3 starts he's walked 9 guys in 10.2 innings.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well if you want to believe a Rabbit that's up to you. His last 3 or 4 starts he hasn't had command of his fastball . If you think a 1.55 WHIP is good then fine. He doesn't belong up now. His last 3 starts he's walked 9 guys in 10.2 innings.

But Despaigne does? Everyone says Hahn won't add anyone, and if so, Cease is really the only option.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

So far I think Collins has looked better than advertised behind the plate.

Completely agree. He actually looks better than Zavala back there. He's come a looooooong way. Still not great, but he isn't nearly as bad as some people made him to be. 

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

But Despaigne does? Everyone says Hahn won't add anyone, and if so, Cease is really the only option.

No one on this board knows what Hahn will or won't do.  We're just fans...we speculate.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Him and Alonso should be gone tonight.

Covey probably starts next. They said he threw a side session or is scheduled for one, so if that goes well my guess is he starts next. Although I guess they would try Ross Detweiler.

Palka up for Alonso needs to happen. Palka starting to hit home runs, his average is up to .280 in Charlotte, he obviously is out of whatever funk he was in to start the year, and his bat plays well in the hot weather.

Unfortunately, Jay is probably going to come up and take one of either Cordell's or Tilson's spot. Alonso probably stays, even though I would rather Jay stay in AAA and Palka take over for Alonso.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He does before Cease. Cease is the future not the present. What's so hard to understand ?

Despaigne deserved a shot before Cease? Seriously? Eloy was called up too late. Moncada and Kopech probably too early. Bring up Cease and we'll all see which category he falls in eventually but he's going to be at worst a #3 so fuck it and make it happen now, the DET series at the latest

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He does before Cease. Cease is the future not the present. What's so hard to understand ?

Hahn has consistently said he will not bring up a key core of the future championship-contending team due to the major league team's needs if that player is not ready. I am glad he is sticking to that, despite the pressure.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Hahn has consistently said he will not bring up a key core of the future championship-contending team due to the major league team's needs if that player is not ready. I am glad he is sticking to that, despite the pressure.

I appreciate the support against those who don't seems to understand that bringing up Cease now accomplishes nothing except the instant gratification of seeing him in a Sox uniform. Selfish reasons.

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Despaigne deserved a shot before Cease? Seriously? Eloy was called up too late. Moncada and Kopech probably too early. Bring up Cease and we'll all see which category he falls in eventually but he's going to be at worst a #3 so fuck it and make it happen now, the DET series at the latest

Seriously ! I mean the FO did it didn't they ?

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Seriously ! I mean the FO did it didn't they ?

They're doing to buy time, perhaps service time, and to allow more growth, but this has nothing to do with "deserved it." Despaigne fucking blows. Hell I deserve a chance more yet alone Cease. That's like saying Shields deserved a ton of starts early last year over Kopech. From a competitive standpoint and talent standpoint, you cannot tell me that Despaigne deserves this over Cease

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Completely agree.  You don't bring up a guy while he is struggling in a year it doesn't ultimately matter.  Despaigne will probably let go soon.  Detwiller probably comes up for a few starts and if/when he sucks it might very well be Santiago.  At that point Cease may have turned it around and be deserving of being brought up.  The outside chance of contending this year disappeared when Kopech ,Rodon and Dunning were no longer in the picture.  Those three were actually expected to reach before Cease.  Those three with Gio and Lopez and we might be looking to add a competent right field bat.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic