Sox and Rangers Game #2

28 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They're doing to buy time, perhaps service time, and to allow more growth, but this has nothing to do with "deserved it." Despaigne fucking blows. Hell I deserve a chance more yet alone Cease. That's like saying Shields deserved a ton of starts early last year over Kopech. From a competitive standpoint and talent standpoint, you cannot tell me that Despaigne deserves this over Cease

I never said Cease wasn't a better pitcher and there is no competitive standpoint. The Sox are not competing this year. Therefore Cease is not up and Despaigne is . The end.

53 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Let him struggle in Chicago. He could be bored, he could be pressing, whatever. Anything's better than Champagne and bullpen days

Potentially ruining Dylan Cease is not better than Despaigne. 

• Thanks 1

Someone explain to me what in the hell Despaigne sucking has to do Dylan Cease's readiness to be a Major League pitcher. 

That's like saying that dad's too drunk to drive, so we should let the 5 year old do it. 

Edited by Richie
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Who called Depaigne an innings eater ? And yes I am old enough to remember Terry "Tub of Goo" Forster and Goose Gossage. You should be old enough then to realize this isn't about who is better. Despaigne is a stop gap pitcher on a team that isn't going anywhere this year. It isn't real hard to understand. And back in those day service time wasn't a thing and it is in the CBA so both labor and Management agreed to it.

Allright..Okay...You Win

Perhaps you're old enough to remember that too...LOL

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, far too many holes

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Yeah, this rotation and bottom half of the league offense is prime for a world series run.

Ha...

They're 3 out of a playoff spot. Laugh all you want (and yeah no shit they aren't winning the AL) but that's the truth, therefore they are indeed competing for a playoff spot at the moment. Unfortunately they'll be 9 out before we know it if they keep trotting out guys like you and I to start games

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Potentially ruining Dylan Cease is not better than Despaigne. 

Just like bringing up Moncada too early was going to ruin him?

If Cease comes up and is total shit, it won't be because they brought him up now instead of waiting until his ERA is under 4

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic