Sox and Rangers Game #2

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Collins looks much better defensively so far than was reported. He doesn’t look out of place at all at catcher, which is huge.

So far if you didn’t know the reputation, you wouldn’t really know he was supposed to be bad. I will guarantee that Castillo would have botched one of those plays at the plate.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Just like bringing up Moncada too early was going to ruin him?

If Cease comes up and is total shit, it won't be because they brought him up now instead of waiting until his ERA is under 4

Moncada is at far lower of a risk of his 2nd major elbow reconstruction in his career.

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Someone explain to me what in the hell Despaigne sucking has to do Dylan Cease's readiness to be a Major League pitcher. 

That's like saying that dad's too drunk to drive, so we should let the 5 year old do it. 

Yeah, a drunk adult and a 5 year old are perfect comparisons for the topic at hand

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So far if you didn’t know the reputation, you wouldn’t really know he was supposed to be bad. I will guarantee that Castillo would have botched one of those plays at the plate.

.143 average, .821 OPS. Love it.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I mean, I really don’t get it. At worst he looks to be serviceable back there, if not above average. He’s been really solid this game.

Maybe somehow he's streaky and there's a bad game coming?

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Moncada is at far lower of a risk of his 2nd major elbow reconstruction in his career.

This is the reason now? I didn't say to promote him and have him throw 110 pitches every fifth day. Man there a ton of reasons to keep Cease in Charlotte. Keep 'em coming. So far we've gotten service time, mental issues, too many walks, the Sox stink, he doesn't deserve it and now he may hurt himself in Chicago (something he cannot possibly do in Charlotte)

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic