Sox and Rangers Game #2

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

I've had enough of Collins already. Anybody with a 30 hit tool at best has no business in the mlb

It’s good he’s getting the at bats now.  I have serious doubts he can hit at this level, but no harm in seeing what he can do in games that don’t really matter.  Wish they would do the same with Palka.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Rick Hahn (for trotting out  Despaigne and Yonder) and the Umps are the players of the game for Texas. Games like this really upset me. Good night

I agree! I've f--king had it with the bs umps lately!!!!

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s good he’s getting the at bats now.  I have serious doubts he can hit at this level, but no harm in seeing what he can do in games that don’t really matter.  Wish they would do the same with Palka.

He just looks awful at the plate. I came to expect it with the terrible averages in the minors though. Anybody that can't hit over .240 in the minors doesn't belong in a major league lineup 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Not sure why one of our best hitters didn't pinch hit for Yolmer or Collins

You don't pinch hit for a kid who needs to develop up here. If you sink, you sink. Blame the vets who couldn't get it done in that spot before he was up.

• Like 2

Just now, Whitesoxa6 said:

He just looks awful at the plate. I came to expect it with the terrible averages in the minors though. Anybody that can't hit over .240 in the minors doesn't belong in a major league lineup 

He looks better than I thought he would to be honest.  Not too much swing and miss. With that said, I don’t know how anyone could think he will hit over .220 or so.  He will have to hit for a lot of power and draw a ton of walks to cover for his faults.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

They're 3 out of a playoff spot. Laugh all you want (and yeah no shit they aren't winning the AL) but that's the truth, therefore they are indeed competing for a playoff spot at the moment. Unfortunately they'll be 9 out before we know it if they keep trotting out guys like you and I to start games

Just like bringing up Moncada too early was going to ruin him?

If Cease comes up and is total shit, it won't be because they brought him up now instead of waiting until his ERA is under 4

I believe they're 4. They're also two under .500... This always happens in the first half of the season. Bunch of teams hovering for that 2nd WC spot. One or two teams always pull away. This just in, Boston is suddenly playing great (hiccup today). Oakland and Cleveland are playing solidly as well. We're not going to be in that bunch. We cannot compete with those rosters for 162 games. Plain and simple. 

As for Moncada... that's such a lame argument. So, if I name Carson Fulmer in response (actually a pitcher as well) does that make me correct? Where does this cycle end? You can always find exceptions to the rules. The point is that there is absolutely zero reason to rush a struggling young pitcher in AAA up to the big leagues. 

I am also curious as to why you believe he would magically be effective in the majors? Why? Because he's a prospect and we all hope he will be? Is it because he's simply the "backup quarterback"? I think it's a bit of both... 

I mean, Despaigne was more effective in Charlotte than Cease. Why couldn't he be just as bad? 

Also, my main question wasn't answered. I still do not understand how Omar Despaigne sucking makes Dylan Cease ready to pitch in the major leagues. How do the two correlate? 

Is pretending we're in the wild card hunt more important to you than doing the best thing for Cease? Come on man. This isn't worth it. You're talking about throwing everything ALONG with the kitchen sink at trying to win 80 games instead of 75. Possibly retarding the growth of Cease in the mean time. Why? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tray said:

Despaigne will be released tonight.

No he won't. Here's Ricky: "As far as we are concerned, Despaigne is here until he's not. He will continue to get his opportunities until we find either a different option or we decide we need an option."

I wish I had actually seen this quote to understand the context and exactly how Ricky made it. I almost get the sense Ricky was throwing down the gauntlet at all those who were demanding this clown get released tonight...including David Haugh of the Tribune on Twitter.

But hey, don't worry! Hector Santiago will save the staff! LOL 😋

Cmon. Don't turn on Collins. He's played 2-3 games for gosh sakes.

Remember how bad Robin Ventura was when he first came up? Collins obviously has some talent. He's a catcher. He's not going to hit for average. Hopefully he has some power and draws a lot of walks for the on base percentage fanatics. What has he done to deserve this scorn and fans not believing in him? This is a game, folks, not life and death. Give Collins A Chance, thank u.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I mean he isn't wrong, Not up to Renteria who they give him. 

I understand your point and there is certainly truth to it but it IS up to Ricky on how they are used and if he puts them in the best situation to succeed. 

54 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

No he won't. Here's Ricky: "As far as we are concerned, Despaigne is here until he's not. He will continue to get his opportunities until we find either a different option or we decide we need an option."

I wish I had actually seen this quote to understand the context and exactly how Ricky made it. I almost get the sense Ricky was throwing down the gauntlet at all those who were demanding this clown get released tonight...including David Haugh of the Tribune on Twitter.

But hey, don't worry! Hector Santiago will save the staff! LOL 😋

This is Beau Geste MLB version. When your guys get kilt you prop them back up in their portals so they look almost like live soldiers. Rikki has to pitch the guys they give uniforms to. Not his fault that our pitching talent is a bit thin and shallow. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic