6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

flavum

1 minute ago, strike27 said:

But help is on the way. Robert and Madrigal will be major upgrades. What’s frustrating is Hahn’s unwillingness to upgrade the rotation. Obviously injuries haven’t helped but his acquisitions so far are just embarrassing.

They are both well over a year away 

1 minute ago, strike27 said:

But help is on the way. Robert and Madrigal will be major upgrades. What’s frustrating is Hahn’s unwillingness to upgrade the rotation. Obviously injuries haven’t helped but his acquisitions so far are just embarrassing.

Not sure what your expecting to add in June that will be some revelation. 

They’re an injury away from calling one of us up. 

We seriously need to stop placing a false equivalence on $9 million of bad money to Alonso and Nova each vs. $300 million to Machado. Almost every major league team spends a bad $10 million on one to two players every season. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

We seriously need to stop placing a false equivalence on $9 million of bad money to Alonso and Nova each vs. $300 million to Machado. Almost every major league team spends a bad $10 million on one to two players every season. 

But when Rick does it those are the "best" players he acquires. 

• Like 2

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with Alonso. He has never been anywhere near this bad of a hitter and he is known as a good defensive first baseman. He's had plenty of playing time to shake off what had appeared to be a slump, but is now becoming more like what he is. I'm perplexed. ?????

Just now, Real said:

seeing Robert and madrigal in the lineup with eloy yoan tim and james 

man that is exciting I have to say

fuck, we need pitching badly

colome+Rutherford for a starting prospect?

That probably won't be enough. 

Just now, Lillian said:

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with Alonso. He has never been anywhere near this bad of a hitter and he is known as a good defensive first baseman. He's had plenty of playing time to shake off what had appeared to be a slump, but is now becoming more like what he is. I'm perplexed. ?????

He wasn’t a very good hitter in his prime and age he caught up

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

But when Rick does it those are the "best" players he acquires. 

But some context is required for that statement as the Sox are in a unique position in their rebuild. Before Machado came on the radar as a serious acquisition we were always going to go after veteran stopgap guys. One of those guys happened to also be James McCann.

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Chicago White Sox is going to be known as the place veteran players go to die.    

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

James McCann

James was definitely not even close to being the "best" player we got this offseason. In reality it was Nova, Jon Jay and Yonder. 

To put it plainly Rick has done nothing atleast in my eyes to show that he is a good GM. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

But he was a lefty, so that was a nice signing!

In all seriousness maybe he heard the rumors of every pro athlete cheats on their spouse on the road and that's why Machado signed with the Padres so Alonso wouldn't see him banging gals behind his sister's back

In all true seriousness I'm not perplexed. Perplexed means I care and quite honestly he's so pathetic and thus irrelevant and so I don't give a rat's ass

Edited by soxfan49
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

The Machado money wasn’t bad money.  Just because some people jumped to the conclusion that it was a good idea not to sign Machado because he had a bad start, go check his numbers now.

https://www.mlb.com/player/manny-machado-592518

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Chicago White Sox is going to be known as the place veteran players go to die.    

I would argue they have been for a long time - Steve Carlton, Ron Santo, Bobby Bonds, Canseco, Ken Griffey Jr., Adam Dunn.  Yonder and Nova are part of a proud tradition.

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

But some context is required for that statement as the Sox are in a unique position in their rebuild. Before Machado came on the radar as a serious acquisition we were always going to go after veteran stopgap guys. One of those guys happened to also be James McCann.

But why?   Why do the Sox have this self imposed rule vs just going the AAAA route?  Or   Go the Rule 5 route, international, etc.  No need to piss money away like this. 

Just now, Baron said:

James was definitely not even close to being the "best" player we got this offseason. In reality it was Nova, Jon Jay and Yonder. 

Except that’s not the way baseball goes, as we know. Look at what happened with Giolito and Lopez. It’s not like the NBA where you can count on production with a smaller range of variance. Baseball players (outside of superstars) have a huge range of variance in their performance from year to year