6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

flavum

10 minutes ago, mqr said:

I said he gets a feed that isn’t delayed...

Okay, it seemed to me like you were saying that Stone somehow has an advantage himself (using the delay to cheat) when looking for signs.

If that wasn't the case - my fault. Misunderstanding. 

Edited by Richie

27 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I've gotten used to Bennetti.. but he still annoys the shit out of me.

He just can't stop trying to predict what is going to happen... getting it wrong and looking like a fucking jinx.

He had about 3 jinx is 2 at bats there...

Jinxing isn't real, so who cares?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richie said:

Okay, it seemed to me like you were saying that Stone somehow has an advantage himself (using the delay to cheat) when looking for signs.

If that wasn't the case - my fault. Misunderstanding. 

So Steve stone doesn't see it on delay, meaning somebody in the org could see it in real time, no?

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

That’s the second pop fly McCann missed in this series.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

McCann sucks at foul pop ups. Probably the only gripe but he's been so good.

Stone's right though. With that wind and sun that play's almost impossible

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

So Steve stone doesn't see it on delay, meaning somebody in the org could see it in real time, no?

Sure...

But then you would literally have to have the batter with an ear piece in. At the very least, Ricky with one - so he can signal to the batter. Or... somehow have it in the dugout. Not suspicious or illegal in the least. haha

Not only is there clear barriers to pull this off consistently/effectively. You're talking a scandal that would make the "SpyGate" Patriots scandal look like amateur child's play. Not only would we CLEARLY get caught, but we would be in a WOOOORRRLLLD of shit. 

Edited by Richie

23 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Reason #65654 why the quality start stat is garbage

I disagree.  An important part of the QS is that a pitcher has to go a minimum of 6 innings---very important for a team without a deep bullpen.  It's true that if the pitcher gives up the maximum of 3 ER and pitches the minimum of 6 innings, his ERA for the day is a pedestrian 4.50 (which would be great for a Sox pitcher not named Giolito). 

I would venture to say that most quality starts last more than 6 innings and fewer than 3 earned runs are allowed.

If you want a garbage stat, I've got one for you: the Hold.