6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

flavum

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Lopez should have been demoted to AAA back in May.   But the lack of live bodies has kept him here. 

On a team with a respectable staff, he would have been. Yes.

However, like you said. With what we've gotten from the guys we've attempted to run out there on the back end of the rotation. There was no way. Especially seeing the decent season he was coming off of. They were always going to stick with him.

2 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

If the Sox don't win Giolito's start probably get swept in Boston.

Yeah, and we missed two very real opportunities to gain games on Boston/Texas the past couple of days. 

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox aren‘t going to make the playoffs, even if they swept this series. Neither is Texas, their pitching sucks as well.

No shit... Usually I'm the one telling people that. lol

So, no need to inform me. 

It doesn't mean I can't root for a miracle. 

5 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

The simple fact is that the Sox have well with the little talent they have.  But a long baseball season exposes a bad starting staff, and that is what is going to happen now. 

Yeah, we're going to be 10 games below .500 soon. IMO

Edited by Richie

This weekend started off so promising before it turned to crap.

Bullpen really starting to show cracks (Bummer, Marshall et al) because the starting pitching is awful and doesn't even give them a chance in a lot of games.

This next week is going to probably be very ugly.

Sigh...

Morrissey at the Sun-Times just posted a story that we are all asking, "When will the Sox sign their Lester" (as in a big name free agent that can change the culture and get them over the top in the rebuild)

As long as Mr. Financial Responsibility (JR) is running the show the answer is probably never...instead more shopping at the bargain aisle or in the dumpster. 

And suddenly Alonso is back in the lineup and sucking even worse than ever.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

The Texas offense is REALLY bad. When you score 4 runs against a team like that, you should win.

Huh?

They're 3rd in all of baseball in runs scored.

3rd in runs per game with 5.56

So, actually... you will RARELY win by scoring just four

Edited by Richie

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

With what he did on his lack of recruiting Machado to his bat, he's up there.

Machado was never coming here.

All these elite MLB and NBA free agents know the story of Reinsdorf's whining about paying Jordan. That is forever woven into the fabric of sports history.

All these guys do is leverage the Bulls and Sox for better deals elsewhere.  That's been the case for decades now and the fanbase will continue to pay the price as long as Reinsdorf is associated with their respective teams.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GradMc said:

That was a series that could have been swept by the Sox with anything remotely resembling major league starting pitching.

Too bad. 

We also squandered god knows how many potential rallies. It was a very frustrating series. 

13 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Machado was never coming here.

All these elite MLB and NBA free agents know the story of Reinsdorf's whining about paying Jordan. That is forever woven into the fabric of sports history.

All these guys do is leverage the Bulls and Sox for better deals elsewhere.  That's been the case for decades now0 0and the fanbase will continue to pay the price as long as Reinsdorf is associated with their respective teams.

The "hindsight oracles" need to stop with this...

It's so easy to sit here now and say this. Give it a rest. Would ya? Christ almighty.

Buster Olney reported all along that the White Sox were Harper and Machado's safety net. It was never their first choice and it was never totally out of the equation either. It went down exactly how it was reported it would if other teams came through with superior or equal offers. 

There is nothing to indicate that Machado and Harper were sitting around thinking about a Bulls contract that went down in the 90's and ruling out a team because of it. Especially if that team would have had the best offer. "This team gave me the best offer, but I don't want their money because they paid a basketball player... but they cried too much about it 30 years ago!" For the love of god with you people. 

Edited by Richie

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Did not see the game at all and just looked at the box score...did Fullmer look good or is that line deceiving.

He was ok. A little wild in the strike zone. He missed his spots a lot, but he’s hard to square up so it didn’t really matter. Reminds me a little of Matt clement. 

15 minutes ago, Richie said:

The "hindsight oracles" need to stop with this...

It's so easy to sit here now and say this. Give it a rest. Would ya? Christ almighty.

Buster Olney reported all along that the White Sox were Harper and Machado's safety net. It was never their first choice and it was never totally out of the equation either. It went down exactly how it was reported it would if other teams came through with superior or equal offers. 

There is nothing to indicate that Machado and Harper were sitting around thinking about a Bulls contract that went down in the 90's and ruling out a team because of it. Especially if that team would have had the best offer. "This team gave me the best offer, but I don't want their money because they paid a basketball player... but they cried too much about it 30 years ago!" For the love of god with you people. 

I'll never give it a rest, Jerry.

It's why the Sox have only been to the post season 5 times in almost 40 years and the Bulls haven't as much as sniffed a Finals apperance in almost 20 years since the INHERITED Michael Jordan left.

You apologists bore me to friggin tears.

Chicago is only major market that puts up with this B.S.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

He was ok. A little wild in the strike zone. He missed his spots a lot, but he’s hard to square up so it didn’t really matter. Reminds me a little of Matt clement.

Thanks.  I'm still hoping he can be a useful piece in the bullpen.  I liked how he seemed to accept his "demotion" to the pen.  I say give him the rest of the season with the Sox and let's see what we've got.  Like you said he can be hard to square up.  Throw strikes Carson.