6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

flavum

9 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I'll never give it a rest, Jerry.

It's why the Sox have only been to the post season 5 times in almost 40 years and the Bulls haven't as much sniffed a Finals in almost 20 years since the INHERITED Michael Jordan left.

You apologists bore me to friggin teams.

Chicago is only major market that puts up with this B.S.

Who the hell is an apologist? Who are you talking to exactly? I think this front office has been HORRIBLE for a long time.

"Whoa everyone! Did this guy just b*tch about Jerry Reinsdorf and the Bulls/Sox front office? Watch out folks! We have a real edgy mf'er over here! What a profound and unique point of view! We have never heard this on SoxTalk! This guy just tells it how it is. No BS getting past him! He ain't taking your guff! SILLY APOLOGISTS! Ha!"

Not everyone who points out a flaw in a post of yours has some agenda that they're pushing that runs contrary to yours. You said something ridiculous and I pointed it out. It is that simple, sir.

You can tell it was a silly statement, because instead of defending it - you went off singing the star spangled banner in response to me. 

Edited by Richie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

People who b**** about everything Reinsdorf/Hahn/Sox 24/7 fail to see two things.

1. They don‘t give a shit what a random poster on soxtalk has to say. Writing a letter to be interviewed for the GM job has a better chance to get read.

2. We all know that the Sox have been bad for a long time and make stupid decision.

We all know that the sky is blue. Writing the sky is blue in every fucking post every fucking day would get old fast as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

People who b**** about everything Reinsdorf/Hahn/Sox 24/7 fail to see two things.

1. They don‘t give a shit what a random poster on soxtalk has to say. Writing a letter to be interviewed for the GM job has a better chance to get read.

2. We all know that the Sox have been bad for a long time and make stupid decision.

We all know that the sky is blue. Writing the sky is blue in every fucking post every fucking day would get old fast as well.

Amen... A-FRIGGIN-MEN

Making some cliche'd, tired argument about Reinsdorf/Hahn is so lazy. It takes two brain cells to toss the blame their way for everything. No one is impressed... and we all get it. 

Not only is no one impressed, but making it your default response to everything isn't even a relevant point of view. Here's an interaction you can find here every day....

*Insert the same argument made in every SoxTalk thread about the White Sox FO*

"Well, here's a part of your argument which I must disagree with"

"APOLOGIST! APOLOGIST! ALL YOU DO IS APOLOGIZE! APPPPOOOOLLLLOGGIIIIIISTTTT! REISNDORF REINSDORF REINSDORF... HAHN HAHN HAHN... SOMETHING BULLS... SOMETHNG 30 YEARS... SOMETHING SOMETHING REINSDORF AGAIN! SOMETHING SOMETHING NO ONE ELSE WOULD PUT UP WITH THIS! *MORE KEYBORD VOMIT*"

"Yeah, I wasn't even arguing with that... I just pointed out that you made an inaccurate and/or silly point in your post."

*MORE KEYBOARD VOMIT*

"Okay, I give up"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Jinxing isn't real, so who cares?

You should go into the army with that line... 

Also obviously I cared so... there is at least one person. check the dugout during a no hitter. It's not real all the time, but its certainly a thing

It's just bad form sorry...Bennetti needs to find something better to say then predicting the future incorrectly over and over again.

Like it's just annoying when I hear him say "A home run here would tie the game" 

Every time he says that shit I know its not happening - it's like some kind of magic doofus spell he has.

And its just stating obvious things that don't need to be said.

Edited by harkness99

I don't see many games, but when I look at the highlights, the biggest problem I have with Benetti is his lack of excitement on HR calls. It's not the exclamation at the end (although his call ultimately isn't very good), it's that he doesn't seem to be able to distinguish that a ball might have a chance to go out. He's monotone until the ball is in the stands. 

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Amen... A-FRIGGIN-MEN

Making some cliche'd, tired argument about Reinsdorf/Hahn is so lazy. It takes two brain cells to toss the blame their way for everything. No one is impressed... and we all get it. 

Not only is no one impressed, but making it your default response to everything isn't even a relevant point of view. Here's an interaction you can find here every day....

*Insert the same argument made in every SoxTalk thread about the White Sox FO*

"Well, here's a part of your argument which I must disagree with"

"APOLOGIST! APOLOGIST! ALL YOU DO IS APOLOGIZE! APPPPOOOOLLLLOGGIIIIIISTTTT! REISNDORF REINSDORF REINSDORF... HAHN HAHN HAHN... SOMETHING BULLS... SOMETHNG 30 YEARS... SOMETHING SOMETHING REINSDORF AGAIN! SOMETHING SOMETHING NO ONE ELSE WOULD PUT UP WITH THIS! *MORE KEYBORD VOMIT*"

"Yeah, I wasn't even arguing with that... I just pointed out that you made an inaccurate and/or silly point in your post."

*MORE KEYBOARD VOMIT*

"Okay, I give up"

Sometimes it does get old but people can choose to ignore it's not that hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I wrote JR a letter some time ago wanting to be interviewed for the GM job. I don't know if he read my letter but unfortunately I didn't get a response from him. He use to respond to some of my other letters in the past. I would still like to be interviewed for the White Sox GM job. I would give JR the best interview ever.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Also obviously I cared so... there is at least one person. check the dugout during a no hitter. It's not real all the time, but its certainly a thing

It's just bad form sorry...Bennetti needs to find something better to say then predicting the future incorrectly over and over again.

Like it's just annoying when I hear him say "A home run here would tie the game" 

Every time he says that shit I know its not happening - it's like some kind of magic doofus spell he has.

Yet when Stone makes predictions and they come true, we praise him, so yeah jinxes aren't real

41 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yet when Stone makes predictions and they come true, we praise him, so yeah jinxes aren't real

That makes no sense.

jinx being real.. depends on who is saying it and who heard it. Plus my main point was the captain obvious shit is annoying more than the jinx aspect.

Edited by harkness99

56 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Alonso getting DFA will be celebration day...., brutal

Alonso to Scott Merkin after the game: "I know I’ve had success. First time ever [for this kind of struggle]. I know I can get out of it and help this team win every single day.” 

LOL. 

I'm guessing Keppinger, Dunn and LaRoche said basically the same thing too!

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Alonso to Scott Merkin after the game: "I know I’ve had success. First time ever [for this kind of struggle]. I know I can get out of it and help this team win every single day.” 

LOL. 

I'm guessing Keppinger, Dunn and LaRoche said basically the same thing too!

For all the nonsense of him being here because he's someone's brother in law and the fact that he has been awful, he does seem to be a likeable guy.  I Know that is not a reason to keep him around and I do think he should be dfa sooner rather than later, there is still a part of me that does want him to work out for the Sox.

8 hours ago, GradMc said:

I'll never give it a rest, Jerry.

It's why the Sox have only been to the post season 5 times in almost 40 years and the Bulls haven't as much as sniffed a Finals appearance in almost 20 years since the INHERITED Michael Jordan left.

You apologists bore me to friggin tears.

Chicago is only major market that puts up with this B.S.

Make it nearly 60 years, if you go all the way back to the ‘59 World Series.  

5 postseason appearances for our Sox in the past 60 years.  If the Cubs make it to the playoffs year, that’ll be five years in a row for them just in this past half decade.  

Our beleaguered fan base has suffered quite a bit during all of our entire lifetimes, no matter what your age.  Not a whole lot on the White Sox winning front to cheer for over the years.  

Hopefully the ‘20s here in this upcoming decade will stem the flow of these previous deplorable results.  White Sox fans are due and deserve so much better!

9 hours ago, harkness99 said:

Nothing here changes the fact that voodoo isn't real and that Bennetti's commentary has nothing to do with the outcome of a baseball at-bat. 

He also is not in the dugout or within ear shot of the players. 

What a shock that a home run or a "wayward fastball" doesn't happen most of the time when he brings it up... They usually happen like every other AB!

You can say that you don't like it. However, trying to cement your argument with "it's magically changing the outcome" isn't exactly convincing. 

And the army abiding by superstition is understandable. The stakes are as high as they could possibly be. It doesn't make it real... but it makes them more comfortable. That doesn't mean a crippled dude in a booth 100 feet away from a baseball game is working magic.