Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flavum

6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

Recommended Posts

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

But why?   Why do the Sox have this self imposed rule vs just going the AAAA route?  Or   Go the Rule 5 route, international, etc.  No need to piss money away like this. 

 

What more do you expect out of the Rule 5 draft? They have gone that way. It doesn’t work. 

They need guys to be bodies that won’t get in the way of actual talent when it’s ready to contribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moncada doesn't steal, Abreu swings at ball 4... then a double play. 

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cy Sampson. This dude sucks. Just get yours YoYo,Eloy and Timmy

Edited by TheTruth05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mqr said:

What more do you expect out of the Rule 5 draft? They have gone that way. It doesn’t work. 

They need guys to be bodies that won’t get in the way of actual talent when it’s ready to contribute. 

How does a guy like Palka or Goins or Skole get in the way of any of the legit prospects coming up?   Mendick?

Or Stephens and Guerrero as SP candidates back in March instead of $9 million on Nova or the Santana fiasco. 

Yes, we ended up finding out Stephens and Guerrero suck as much, but we din't know this back in March. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mqr said:

What more do you expect out of the Rule 5 draft? They have gone that way. It doesn’t work. 

They need guys to be bodies that won’t get in the way of actual talent when it’s ready to contribute. 

You‘d be hard pressed to find a quality major leaguer in the last 5 years of the rule 5 draft in its entirety.

Covey might actually be the best one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Abreu is disgusting to watch at the moment

Yet people are still up in arms on why he didn't make the cut for the Allstar Game starter finalists. 

Other than RBIs, he's been rough to watch this season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

How does a guy like Palka or Goins or Skole get in the way of any of the legit prospects coming up?   Mendick?

Or Stephens and Guerrero as SP candidates back in March instead of $9 million on Nova or the Santana fiasco. 

Yes, we ended up finding out Stephens and Guerrero suck as much, but we din't know this back in March. 

 

Every single one of those guys suck too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abreu is also useless. 3-0 count he gets a cockshot and takes it and then on 3-1 and 3-2 swings at 2 pitches that aren't even really close and the jackass swings at it. What a bum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abreu swings at everything. I like him as a player but you have a 3-0 count and down 5 runs show some patience 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

But they cost no money.  That's the key point. 

Their payroll is 80 million. It’s like 20 million next year. Whooooooooooo cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abreu and Colome HAVE TO be traded for whatever you can get for each.   If Hahn doesn't do this, he has failed as GM miserably. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Jesus guys, Abreu blistered the ball and Odor turned it into web gem. Let’s not be overly results-oriented. 

Does blistered constitute as 77 mph EV? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Jesus guys, Abreu blistered the ball and Odor turned it into web gem. Let’s not be overly results-oriented. 

Exit velo on the ball Abreu hit: 77 mp/h 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Jesus guys, Abreu blistered the ball and Odor turned it into web gem. Let’s not be overly results-oriented. 

Yep, let’s not worry about our starting pitcher being a gas can and our offense not being able to score runs on a garbage pitcher.  Baseball is all about results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Yep, let’s not worry about our starting pitcher being a gas can and our offense not being able to score runs on a garbage pitcher.  Baseball is all about results.

I think you missed my point. BABIP is a stat that accounts for the variance of results. This was kind of a freak double play that was amazing defensive performance than it was a referendum on Abreu’s playing ability. 

for all of you citing exit velocity, what was the exit velocity of yoan’s single, and if Jose’s ball is three inches more away from Odor I wonder if we are having this exchange about being “disgusted” by Abreu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×