6/23- Sox at Rangers, 2:05, WGN

flavum

12 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You do know that a broadcast is delayed by several seconds?

How does that in any way, shape or form aid Stone in stealing the catcher's signs in real time? 

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I've gotten used to Bennetti.. but he still annoys the shit out of me.

He just can't stop trying to predict what is going to happen... getting it wrong and looking like a fucking jinx.

He had about 3 jinx is 2 at bats there...

I hate that when the camera pans on a fan(s) in the stands that he HAS to comment on what they're doing it. Every. Single. Time. 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

I've gotten used to Bennetti.. but he still annoys the shit out of me.

He just can't stop trying to predict what is going to happen... getting it wrong and looking like a fucking jinx.

He had about 3 jinx is 2 at bats there...

Seeing as I don't believe in voodoo - I don't mind that. 

Sometimes his puns are just too much for me. Other than that, I do like him.

5 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Oh, it’s cuz Zavala was bad?  I call BS.

If it’s all about trying to win games, the Sox wouldn’t be pitching Despaigne and Nova.

If it’s all about development, there is no better time than now when winning games doesn’t matter much.

H am not sure you are grasping the concept of rebuilding. They are both getting their call up for a bit of observation by management and for the experience. Seby wasn’t especially impressive getting a pop single plus commited a throwing error. Collins got a walk and a homer but is batting .125. It’s ok and just shows they both probably need a bit more work. Next year could be the year for them or one of them to make the team 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

Because his feed isn’t delayed. 

Uh... everything is delayed... lol. Are you under the impression that Stone/Jason are calling action that has not happened yet on the TV feed? That's not how it works. That would be a mess. They call the game live and the entire feed... the action... the play-by-play... the color... it's all a few seconds behind. The entire broadcast is. They call it live. 

He's watching on the monitor as the catcher puts the signs down live, he says them and then the pitch is thrown. It isn't hard... when there isn't a runner on second. All he has to do is know what 1, 2 and 3 fingers going down means. They do not see a pitch/play happen and wait to call it. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Richie said:

Uh... everything is delayed... lol. Are you under the impression that Stone/Jason are calling action that has not happened yet on the TV feed? That's not how it works. That would be a mess. They call the game live and the entire feed... the action... the play-by-play... the color... it's all a few seconds behind. They call it live. 

He's watching on the monitor as the catcher puts the signs down live, he says them and then the pitch is thrown. It isn't hard... when there isn't a runner on second. All he has to do is know what 1, 2 and 3 fingers going down means. They do not see a pitch/play happen and wait to call it. 

somebody said why can't the Sox wear helmets  listening to the game to steal signs.  that's what they're talking about with the delay it wouldn't matter.

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

H am not sure you are grasping the concept of rebuilding. They are both getting their call up for a bit of observation by management and for the experience. Seby wasn’t especially impressive getting a pop single plus commited a throwing error. Collins got a walk and a homer but is batting .125. It’s ok and just shows they both probably need a bit more work. Next year could be the year for them or one of them to make the team 

So 8 plate appearances is enough of a sample size to determine a player needs more work?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sox80 said:

somebody said why can't the Sox wear helmets  listening to the game to steal signs.  that's what they're talking about with the delay it wouldn't matter.

Okay, I get that. No doubt. However, I was responding to the assertion that the delay is the reason for Stone being able to predict pitches. 

Just now, Richie said:

Okay, I get that. No doubt. However, I was responding to the assertion that the delay is the reason for Stone being able to predict pitches. 

I don't believe anybody said that's the reason  he's getting the signs. If somebody did and I missed it then yes I agree with you.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

I said he gets a feed that isn’t delayed...

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

In the military the jinx is very real.  I guess that's where I learned that voodoo.

Oh, I can 100% understand that. When I played, I was huge on superstition. Obviously, in the military the stakes are 5 million percent higher. 

When you're in the middle of the action, it makes sense. Not even because of voodoo, but because saying something like "he has a no hitter" or "you're going to hit a home run this at-bat" can make players start to press. From the booth? Eh... whatever. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Nobody said that though

Maybe I am misinterpreting this, but I fail to see how. 

13 minutes ago, Richie said:

How does that in any way, shape or form aid Stone in stealing the catcher's signs in real time? 

12 minutes ago, mqr said:

Because his feed isn’t delayed.