6/24 Games

soxfan49

Frankly that Madrigal line of 3-4 with a BB, a 2b, and 2 SBs is the kinda of stuffed stat sheet I dreamed of when they drafted him.

Kinda funny but has Beard stolen a base yet? Seems like he keeps getting picked off and caught stealing.

21 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

And a reason why I wonder if they keep them down there longer. If basabe, Rutherford and others stay hot they may want to keep them together.

Any other effects on other players real or not is totally secondary to Roberts development. If he’s ready you move him up. 

33 minutes ago, Quin said:

I know it sounds weird - but does anyone think Madrigal and Robert might have had an effect on the rest of the lineup?

Absolutely. And that’s why I’ve never been overly concerned about Gonzalez, Basabe, and Rutherford. Hitting is contagious in both a positive and negative way. Sure, it would have been nice for them to get off to better starts, but that whole lineup was brutal early on. It wasn’t even June yet, and people were giving up on them as prospects. 

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Absolutely. And that’s why I’ve never been overly concerned about Gonzalez, Basabe, and Rutherford. Hitting is contagious in both a positive and negative way. Sure, it would have been nice for them to get off to better starts, but that whole lineup was brutal early on. It wasn’t even June yet, and people were giving up on them as prospects. 

I would go so far to say it's a good thing they struggled early and have shown they can learn and adjust from those struggles.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I would go so far to say it's a good thing they struggled early and have shown they can learn and adjust from those struggles.

No doubt. If you told me Rutherford would be hitting around .250 in late June, I would much prefer a huge struggle early and a positive adjustment/hot streak rather than a steady .250 all year. Anybody who faces adversity and doesn’t fold is better off in the long run. 

Since 5/31 Rutherford is slashing .390/.425/.451

He's a little younger than Madrigal, but he doesn't provide the speed and defense to make a .061 ISO work. If he repeats AA next year I'd hope for a ~.280 AVG and an ISO approaching .200.