6/24 Games

soxfan49

37 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Still young enough to where we can give him another year or two. But I wish he would hit for some more power too.

Why just another year or two? We should give up on him if he doesn't improve in a year or two? Let him go? 

The guy had a .781 OPS in his age 21 season at a level where most were older than him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HeHatesShe said:

Why just another year or two? We should give up on him if he doesn't improve in a year or two? Let him go? 

The guy had a .781 OPS in his age 21 season at a level where most were older than him. 

I mean, I agree. Trying to sound more positive than the people who have completely written off (aka the people who still complain about the Robertson and Kahnle deal).

Edited by soxfan2014

I still just think Rutherford is Ryan Sweeney all over again. Sweeney was a good MLB fourth OFer, and nothing more. Sweeney went to Winston-Salem at 19, less than a year after getting drafted out of high school, and had a miserable start. He bounced back to hit .283, but had a sub .100 ISO, just like Rutherford. Sweeney's career MLB line was .276/.333/.380. I wouldn't be shocked if Rutherford did that, and I also wouldn't be overly thrilled with that. He'd be better than the likes of Tilson and Cordell and that's about it.

13 minutes ago, danman31 said:

I still just think Rutherford is Ryan Sweeney all over again. Sweeney was a good MLB fourth OFer, and nothing more. Sweeney went to Winston-Salem at 19, less than a year after getting drafted out of high school, and had a miserable start. He bounced back to hit .283, but had a sub .100 ISO, just like Rutherford. Sweeney's career MLB line was .276/.333/.380. I wouldn't be shocked if Rutherford did that, and I also wouldn't be overly thrilled with that. He'd be better than the likes of Tilson and Cordell and that's about it.

Sweeney is the natural comp. Although, I think it's really surprising that Sweeney didn't ever develop any power. You just can't teach that pretty of a stroke. If Rutherford makes it as a 4th OF, that's a success imo.