Jon Jay reinstated

Chisox378

It’s spelled “Jon.”

And this is bittersweet.  He should improve this team but the idea of giving Jay’s at bats at this point is a bit annoying.  Especially considering his buddy was supposed to be playing with him.

By the way, the comments by some posters here regarding Machado’s demise were apparently a bit hasty.  Machado is now hitting:

.278 / .354 / .493 / .847

16 HR

47 RBI

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Absolutely no point for this guy on a tanking team like the Sox in late June. Keep giving the playing time to Tilson or bring up Palka.

How can we tank when we are going to win the wild card?!?! (or division!?!?!)

8 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Yes sorry Jon, is there a way to fix it? 

Jon is a contact batter and a clubhouse leader, lets see what he can do.

Who will be sent down, Tilson or Cordell or someone else?

They dfa'd Despaigne.

Edit: how many starters are currently on the active roster, 3? With 4 bench guys and the rest relievers?

2nd edit: to answer my own question, this looks right.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I know this will come off as petty and dickish, but I was really hoping that Alonso would have gotten DFAed before Jay & Alonso had a chance to play with each other.

No one has made a game thread and I'm sure not going to do it, so I'm just going to complain about it here.

I'm glad Alonso isn't locked into the 4th spot in the rotation no matter what anymore, but at what point do you just get rid of a guy? It's a colossal failure to have your DH hitting 8th.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

No one has made a game thread and I'm sure not going to do it, so I'm just going to complain about it here.

I'm glad Alonso isn't locked into the 4th spot in the rotation no matter what anymore, but at what point do you just get rid of a guy? It's a colossal failure to have your DH hitting 8th.

At this point he is essentially a pitcher hitting for us...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Insane how many TJS guys we have. 

There are almost so many that creates an interesting depth factor for us. Obviously the full recovery for TJS isn’t a guarantee. But with the results and recovery getting better with time, the Sox should be in the position next year and in 2021 where they have to plan to have a full healthy staff for the beginning of the year and then get multiple TJS recipients retuning at points in the season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

There are almost so many that creates an interesting depth factor for us. Obviously the full recovery for TJS isn’t a guarantee. But with the results and recovery getting better with time, the Sox should be in the position next year and in 2021 where they have to plan to have a full healthy staff for the beginning of the year and then get multiple TJS recipients retuning at points in the season. 

Huh?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:
24 minutes ago, raBBit said:

18 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Huh?

How can the Sox plan to have a healthy staff at the beginning of 2020? The only guys that you can pencil into the starting rotation for 2020 are Giolito, Lopez, and maybe Cease. Kopech might not be ready to go come Opening Day. 

The Sox are going to have to pony up some big $ for pitching this offseason. There is no way around it. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Sandwiching moncada between two bums with no future here. I'm angry.

Because Leury is the future CF of our contending window...???

And calling Abreu a bum is hyperbole at its finest. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

How can the Sox plan to have a healthy staff at the beginning of 2020? The only guys that you can pencil into the starting rotation for 2020 are Giolito, Lopez, and maybe Cease. Kopech might not be ready to go come Opening Day. 

The Sox are going to have to pony up some big $ for pitching this offseason. There is no way around it. 

Opening day 2020 will be a year and a half removed from Kopech's UCL injury/TJ surgery. Barring a setback, I don't see how he isn't ready to go.

Edited by Richie

14 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

He’s saying the Sox will have to add multiple starters to have a healthy rotation at the beginning of the year, but when the TJS guys finally come back we are actually going to have some depth.  As raBBit has said before, that’s a good thing since Kopech & Cease may not be ready for a deep postseason run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1