Yolbert Sanchez to Sox??

EvilJester99

On 6/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, bmags said:

it's just that a fully formed, actualized version of this signed for 2.5 million to play this year (Jose Iglesias). Considering the huge value that could be created from international it's a crappy use of resources to me.

Aquiring Jose Iglesias doesn't give you the same roster flexibility that a Yolbert Sanchez does though fwiw. 

37 minutes ago, mqr said:

Aquiring Jose Iglesias doesn't give you the same roster flexibility that a Yolbert Sanchez does though fwiw. 

Spending half of your international bonus pool to save a few million dollars on the ML roster is a shortsighted use of resources. International talent is so cheap and cost controlled that we should be using it as an avenue to try and attain high end talent that we refuse to pay for in free agency. Instead we use it to get someone that is easily replaceable but we like because it might save JR $10m over the life of the contract over signing a comparable free agent, and actually even worse because if all you care about is defense then you could have probably just drafted a college senior sign (the same age as Yolbert now) for $10k.

Edited by GenericUserName

Yolbert was #5 on the 2018 international prospect list. I don't understand why people are upset about this signing other than the fact that he is 22. If he ends up being Yolmer 2.0 that is fine as the majority of these guys in the top 30 will never even make it to the major leagues.

2 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Anyone have any insight on where and when he starts?  I'd assume probably some time in AZL, but then, since he is a bit older and seemingly more advanced, will he got to WS?  Birmingham?  Any educated guesses?

Probably AZL then maybe Kanny is my guess. His bat is still way behind his glove.

I wonder what this means for Lenyn Sosa.  Move to W-S?  Or move to 2b?  Probably the latter.  With Zangari hitting better and Vaughn on his way, it is going to get crowded at Kanny.

Edited by Timmy U
Autocorrect

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think it’s pretty clear the Sox see more upside in Yogurt than simply being the next Yolmer Sanchez.

If he's not good I guarantee at least 5 posters on this board will call him Yolmert and think it's the most creative burn ever.

• Love 1

I really don't understand, so please explain this to me. So MLB.com listed the 30 top int'l prospects and where they'll probably sign and for aobut how much. 

Well, Yolbert is not listed among that top 30 list, and at least half the guys on that list are signing for a lot less than Sanchez, some listed are for under a million dollars. 

Someone up about said that he was # 5 on the list in 2018. So what is going on?  Why isn't Yolbert Sanchez on that MLB.com list if he's signing for $2.5 million. 

What do I not understand?