We need Ozzie right now more than ever

ron883

The Sox have been getting screwed by the umpires left and right lately. What has been missing? Our fearless manager Ricky Renteria defending his players and getting tossed. 

Ozzie was never afraid to defend his guys and get tossed. That was one of the best parts about him. If his guys were getting shafted and started arguing, Ozzie would get his butt out there and argue for them. You don't see Ricky doing this much. See below for an example. We need manager who will stand up for his guys. 

We need a better manager but JR has publicly said they don't matter much (or head coaches) which is why he's never gone after the best available nor been willing to pay "big" money to get one.

Ozzie had his strong points but he seemed to forget about all of them in the last few years and started believing his press clippings.

No thank you.

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Ozzie would just flame out. No thank you. I don't know why, but when things go wrong, that fans start calling for an Ozzie return. Living in the past is no solution.

Up until the late 00's or so. There were Bears fans who really thought a Ditka return would be a good thing. Probably the same people. lol

Edited by Richie

8 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Ozzie would just flame out. No thank you. I don't know why, but when things go wrong, that fans start calling for an Ozzie return. Living in the past is no solution.

When Ozzie turned his back on the White Sox...I turned my back on Ozzie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully next year or no later than 21 the Sox find a young managerial candidate. Cora's success last year and Minny so far w  Baldelli are good examples of teams going into other organizations and grabbing an up and comer. 

5 minutes ago, SEALgep said:

I doubt Vizquel is managing in the minors because he’s bored. Promotion to AA looks like the plan is to stay with the future core. 

Boooooo. I'm all for Vizquel being a coach and working with the young infielders (he helped Andrus in Texas and Alexei with the Sox while playing with those teams) but man I do not want him managing.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Boooooo. I'm all for Vizquel being a coach and working with the young infielders (he helped Andrus in Texas and Alexei with the Sox while playing with those teams) but man I do not want him managing.

It's either him or Jirschele for the next manager. My bet is jirschele.

This is what I would like the White Sox do for a change. If they think they need to change managers, give it some real thought, interview more than one guy, and even consider baseball men outside the organization. In fact, they should make up their minds and hire someone who has never been connected to the team. For once, treat this job as if it was important and approach the hiring that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

This is what I would like the White Sox do for a change. If they think they need to change managers, give it some real thought, interview more than one guy, and even consider baseball men outside the organization. In fact, they should make up their minds and hire someone who has never been connected to the team. For once, treat this job as if it was important and approach the hiring that way.

Yeah no more convincing people to take the job like Ventura.

Ozzie? I have never seen a manager, in any sport, quit on his team worse than Ozzie. He managed in a way so that he would be fired and allowed to take a position with a different team. That should never be forgiven. He burned the bridge. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, poppysox said:

When Ozzie turned his back on the White Sox...I turned my back on Ozzie.

This. 

Ozzie would be a good manager for this group, but, I repeat, he burned that bridge and pissed on the ashes. There is no way I'd want Ozzie anymore. He's a selfish prick who quit on his team when it was apparent he wasn't going to get his way.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ptatc said:

It's either him or Jirschele for the next manager. My bet is jirschele.

Can Jirschele speak Spanish? In this day and age you've got to have a Spanish speaking manager. Communication is vital and Ricky according to reports is very good in that department. I think Omar is a no brainer for our next manager. He's being groomed obviously for the job.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Can Jirschele speak Spanish? In this day and age you've got to have a Spanish speaking manager. Communication is vital and Ricky according to reports is very good in that department. I think Omar is a no brainer for our next manager. He's being groomed obviously for the job.

No you don't and if that is the main criteria for hiring a manager you've got real issues. Speaking Spanish is no way a "requirement". If you have a lot of Latin players on the team you have an assistant coach hired who can.

Period.