Umpires lately

Orlando

It's been awful and has happened at critical, high leverage moments.  Gio not getting that strikeout is one example but there's been half a dozen times in key ABs guys have gone down 1-2 or 0-1 instead of being ahead in the count because a ball an inch off the corner is a strike -- inside and outside.  I think it was Jose that took a pitch 2 inches inside and it was called a strike.  It might have been Eloy but man it was bad.

I'm ready for there to be an "over rule" from the "Chair" essentially on really bad calls.  Make it happen.

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's been awful and has happened at critical, high leverage moments.  Gio not getting that strikeout is one example but there's been half a dozen times in key ABs guys have gone down 1-2 or 0-1 instead of being ahead in the count because a ball an inch off the corner is a strike -- inside and outside.  I think it was Jose that took a pitch 2 inches inside and it was called a strike.  It might have been Eloy but man it was bad.

I'm ready for there to be an "over rule" from the "Chair" essentially on really bad calls.  Make it happen.

The problem is what is considered "really bad"... Just be done with it and have it be an electronic strike zone

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I suspect because subconsciously umpires are saying to themselves, "it's the White Sox, who gives a shit..." on borderline calls. Again I don't think it is deliberate it's just the Sox have zero reputation and don't merit the same "breaks" as the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, Cardinals et al.

If the Sox start winning that may change.

• Haha 1

Electronic strike zone is inevitable.  Every team probably feels that their hitters get a bad shake from the umps.  If replay exposes umpire errors on safe/out calls and we all accept that as better to get the call right...why would correctly called balls and strikes be any different?