6/25 Games

soxfan49

27 minutes ago, danman31 said:

This is undeniably true, but look at what Luis Gonzalez did last year in W-S: .313/.376/.504, 9.4 BB%, 16 K%

Walker: .268/.347/.436, 10.8 BB%, 16.2 K%

They both joined W-S after midseason promotions in their first full seasons of pro ball and were 22. I definitely have Walker above Gonzalez right now, but I'm a bit scarred by W-S performance after seeing everyone fall on their face in AA this year.

Don't you think Walker has more ability than Gonzalez though. I think we tend to look at results over talent too much. 

11 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Don't you think Walker has more ability than Gonzalez though. I think we tend to look at results over talent too much. 

Yeah, like I said, I have Walker ahead of Gonzalez now. I'm just saying I don't really know what to make of Walker's performance given all those W-S guys from last year have really struggled in Bham. I thought Gonzalez was for sure a big leaguer. I'm not sure what his ceiling is/was, but I thought his floor was a good 4th OF/below average everyday player. I think I missed on that.