Anderson leaves game with apparent injury

bmags

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

i got to say tho, TA be a bit of a diva.  if that was Moncada he would have spit on it and tried to play until jose talked him out of it.

You forget Moncada acting like he got shot last year last year when he took a deflected ball off the kneecap?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

i got to say tho, TA be a bit of a diva.  if that was Moncada he would have spit on it and tried to play until jose talked him out of it.

Can’t expect a showman to turn it off. Good with the bad. 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a bad ankle sprain before.  

Moncada would have done the same exact thing.  That was some scary shit.

4 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Spoken like someone who hasn't had a bad ankle sprain before.  

Moncada would have done the same exact thing.  That was some scary shit.

dude I uh, have had two fully ruptured patella tendons, at the same time.  There's like 5 of those in the entire US every year. I was a presige charity case for my surgeon and I have blown past the best case outcome (full recovery to all activity basically). also have had a completely shattered foot requiring 4 pins and months off it.  I know pain and I know athletes in pain.  If all he has is a really an ankle sprain (yea had a lot of those too) and had to be helped off like that I can say that's a bit of a diva move.

i love TA man, but I call it like I see it.   anyways go sox and go TA!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

dude I uh, have had two fully ruptured patella tendons, at the same time.  There's like 5 of those in the entire US every year. I was a presige charity case for my surgeon and I have blown past the best case outcome (full recovery to all activity basically). also have had a completely shattered foot requiring 4 pins and months off it.  I know pain and I know athletes in pain.  If all he has is a really an ankle sprain (yea had a lot of those too) and had to be helped off like that I can say that's a bit of a diva move.

Maybe he didn't know what happened he just thought the worst.  Don't want to risk messing it up more by walking off the field.  Precautionary

3 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Maybe he didn't know what happened he just thought the worst.  Don't want to risk messing it up more by walking off the field.  Precautionary

Anderson did witness Burger blow his out. I'm sure that is what happened. Regardless, who cares - he got best case scenario.

5 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Or the trainers said "don't risk it until we get to the trainers table".  TA7 has barely missed any time.  Calling him a "diva" is silly.

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Moncada is the most diva player on the team when it comes to injuries. 

47 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hopefully it isn't serious but I agree with you a 100%.   I've probably sprained my ankles playing basketball 40 times.  Often times I've foolishly kept playing.   People overact to ankle sprains... they really don't even truly hurt until the next day and beyond.

I'm not talking about Tim neccesarily - but people me lol when they act like someone has chopped off their foot with an axe when they twist their ankle.

58 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

i love TA man, but I call it like I see it.   anyways go sox and go TA!

I feel your pain chitown, sorry bout your injuries, but give TA a break. Univ of Kansas had a guy this year with a high ankle sprain miss over a month of ball and he's just now getting close to 100 percent and those guys have round the clock care. Ankle sprains can be very very bad. Give TA a break.

Ankle sprains especially high ones can be a real b****, usually anywhere from four to six weeks and you spend a lot of time in a boot. At Idaho State they had a few players get those and they are nasty.

Tua at Alabama had one and had that special surgery to enable him to play in the championship game, you could tell he wasn't right but without the surgery he wouldn't have had the time to even try to play.