Anderson leaves game with apparent injury

bmags

17 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ankle sprains especially high ones can be a real b****, usually anywhere from four to six weeks and you spend a lot of time in a boot. At Idaho State they had a few players get those and they are nasty.

Tua at Alabama had one and had that special surgery to enable him to play in the championship game, you could tell he wasn't right but without the surgery he wouldn't have had the time to even try to play.

if it's an eversion sprain it's not a high ankle sprain. those are caused by inversion sprains.

I had an inverted ankle sprain (holy sh*t, did that hurt) and I needed physical therapy to get back healthy. 4-6 week injury. No clue what that means for a professional athlete. It's no joke, but clearly better than the worst case scenarios we were all running through in our head. 

2 hours ago, Richie said:

I had an inverted ankle sprain (holy sh*t, did that hurt) and I needed physical therapy to get back healthy. 4-6 week injury. No clue what that means for a professional athlete. It's no joke, but clearly better than the worst case scenarios we were all running through in our head. 

An eversion sprain is to the inside of the ankle. An inversion sprain is to the outside.

Edited by ptatc

Funny reading the comments about these professional athletes that push themselves day in and day out being divas when they get hurt.  Most of us would have been flopping around like a fish on a hook or lying on the field like we were dead.  I'm sure Tim's injury hurt (ankle sprains are painful), and there was some obvious concern that it could have been something worse.

Glad to hear it's not serious.  He'll miss some time, but it could have been a lot worse.

48 minutes ago, daggins said:

Here's my plan:

10 day IL for Anderson

DFA Alonso

Call up Palka (he sucks but hopefully he's back to being fun bad) and Mendick (why not)

Start Rondon and Yolmer at SS for however long it takes

Option/DFA Rondon when Timmy comes back

Makes a lot of sense...so likely won't happen.

Definitely think it's past time to DFA Alonso.  I'd like to see Mendick up to fill in while Anderson is out.  And fun bad Palka would be nice.

8 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

If it's a sprain on top of the foot, that sucks... I've done RICE & acetaminophen for about 3 months and it kept coming back.... Until about last week. Still feel a little, but I was able to play softball with a brace.

Plantar fasciitis is terrible too...one of the many injuries that derailed Carlos Quentin's care.

That and oblique tears, they really suck because they are so easy to retweak.

Or back problems...explaining them to someone who has never experienced back spasms or the kind of pain where you can’t sit for long in a chair or straighten yourself out again when trying to stand up.  Literally would feel like almost dragging or willing your leg to move forward on it’s own...while pain is radiating down the nerves for 7-10 days.

Or kidney stones, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Jake said:

I feel like it's pretty well established that Moncada almost always overreacts to acute injuries (or pains you might say). Not dissimilar to his countryman, Alexei

Haha I forgot about alexei - yeah it was always as if someone had sniped him from the stands.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Plantar fasciitis is terrible too...one of the many injuries that derailed Carlos Quentin's care.

That and oblique tears, they really suck because they are so easy to retweak.

Or back problems...explaining them to someone who has never experienced back spasms or the kind of pain where you can’t sit for long in a chair or straighten yourself out again when trying to stand up.  Literally would feel like almost dragging or willing your leg to move forward on it’s own...while pain is radiating down the nerves for 7-10 days.

Or kidney stones, lol.

I've had kidney stones... whole other world of pain.

9 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

I've had kidney stones... whole other world of pain.

And yet I still drink 2-3 sodas per day after going through it twice...well, three times, but episodes #2/3 were micro stones and passed without surgery.

The first time, in 2007 in my late 30’s, really thought I was dying, lol.  It hurts so much your body forces you to throw up even if it’s only water in your system.  The pain was so acute you couldn’t even sleep with any pressure on your back, curled up in a fetal position.  I went through 2-3 ultrasounds here in China just to figure out what was wrong (not knowing the very first time was the scariest part)...they were the exact perfect size you couldn’t do anything about, not quite large enough for surgery or sound waves and not easy to pass through naturally.   For six weeks, I drank bottle after bottle of water.   Over the last 12 months, though, I largely managed to deal with it by taking pain medicine.   Just the first 4-6 hours was hell, compared to feeling like you were about to die once a week but then suddenly the pain completely disappearing only to knock you off your feet a week later.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So they haven't announce a single roster move.  It's an early game start, so they plan to play shorthanded again?  

Is Hahn not following the team, why is he so slow at pushing buttons? 

His roster management has been putrid.

Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean someone hasn't been notified and is on their way. 

12 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So they haven't announce a single roster move.  It's an early game start, so they plan to play shorthanded again?  

Great post, it is his job, he is not a baseball guy, who in this organization is? Rebuild or not it is his job to put the best 25 on the field, anything less is not acceptable.

10 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Not completely out of the woods yet. Hopefully the MRI comes back clean.

They wouldn't be calling it a sprain if there were fears about his Achilles. He's also walking around in a boot, I'm not totally sure, but I don't think that would happen with a ruptured Achilles. 

I'm also pretty sure you have to be the worlds worst doctor to mistake an Achilles for a sprain. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

They've played with a 3-man bench all season. The corresponding roster move will likely be for a starter since there are currently 3 on the roster (if you don't count Fulmer).

3 hours ago, daggins said:

Here's my plan:

10 day IL for Anderson

DFA Alonso

Call up Palka (he sucks but hopefully he's back to being fun bad) and Mendick (why not)

Start Rondon and Yolmer at SS for however long it takes

Option/DFA Rondon when Timmy comes back

Palka is doing very well at AAA with a good OBP.

Watched Mendick struggle at the plate when I saw him this week but he made some ridiculous plays at 2nd base defensively. He had 3 or 4 over the 2 day series. Kid can play some defense.

Your other options are Escobar and Goins who are both hitting well at Charlotte.