Anderson leaves game with apparent injury

bmags

40 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Great post, it is his job, he is not a baseball guy, who in this organization is? Rebuild or not it is his job to put the best 25 on the field, anything less is not acceptable.

Dude, this is only year 3 of a 5-6 year rebuild. Hahn could care less about putting the best 25 on the field. The only thing the Sox are playing for this year is another top 10 draft pick. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

They've played with a 3-man bench all season. The corresponding roster move will likely be for a starter since there are currently 3 on the roster (if you don't count Fulmer).

3 man bench is fine when you have anchors like Anderson every day.   No that he's gone, you need to get depth. 

But they just refuse cut some of the dead weight.  Alonso, Rondon, Cordell, Ruiz don't need to be here anymore.    Anderson to the IL

That's 5 roster spots on the 25 you can work with today, whatever mess you need to figure out from the 40 man I have no issue if Alonso, Ruiz, and Rondon were shown the door to the street. 

Edited by HOFHurt35

In this thread we share anecdotes about our YMCA injuries and compare them to pro athletes. 

I had a compound fracture of my tibia and fibula. Basically my foot was hanging on by soft tissue only. I was in a cast for 9 months, but it was 2005 and I saw literally every game that year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

Palka is doing very well at AAA with a good OBP.

Watched Mendick struggle at the plate when I saw him this week but he made some ridiculous plays at 2nd base defensively. He had 3 or 4 over the 2 day series. Kid can play some defense.

Your other options are Escobar and Goins who are both hitting well at Charlotte.

I will be so disappointed if Escobar or Goins are the who they bring up.  

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean someone hasn't been notified and is on their way. 

The lineup card is now posted, no roster move. 

The minute you saw the trainer and manager literally carry Anderson off the field, that phone should have been ringing down in Charlotte. 

Hahn = Fail 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The lineup card is now posted, no roster move. 

The minute you saw the trainer and manager literally carry Anderson off the field, that phone should have been ringing down in Charlotte. 

Hahn = Fail 

Meh, if anything, it gives me some hope that they think Anderson's injury may be minor enough that he doesn't need an IL stint.  

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

I've had kidney stones... whole other world of pain.

I read this and got up from my desk to get a glass of water.

I know two guys who had kidney stones and they both said that they literally wanted to die while trying to pass them. They assured me that they weren't being hyperbolic.

Can they get through the rest of the first half with 4 starters? They're off like 3 days before then.

Edit: looking at the schedule, they'd probably need a 5th (or bullpen day) in that Tigers series before the Cubs series.

2nd edit: Actually, one of the days we have a doubleheader so they will be able to start someone one of the games without having to subtract anyone.

Edited by soxfan2014

8 hours ago, ptatc said:

An eversion sprain is to the inside of the ankle. An inversion sprain is to the outside.

I am aware. I've had both. Was simply sharing what a bad sprain took recovery/rehab wise. 

Edited by Richie

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

😆 I love your takes Greg. This is one of the hotter takes

He's not wrong. A severe high ankle sprain can easily take 8 weeks or more. Just depends on the severity. Hopefully, it's not to severe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

He's not wrong. A severe high ankle sprain can easily take 8 weeks or more. Just depends on the severity. Hopefully, it's not to severe.

Is severity something that might be determined by the upcoming MRI?  I guess I'm asking if we will know the timeline after the MRI.

Just now, justBLAZE said:

Is severity something that might be determined by the upcoming MRI?  I guess I'm asking if we will know the timeline after the MRI.

Part of it is. They will be looking for the separation of the tibia and fibula which is the joint injured during a high ankle sprain. This joint is just too important to the long term stability of the ankle to take any chances.