Anderson leaves game with apparent injury

bmags

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's not wrong. A severe high ankle sprain can easily take 8 weeks or more. Just depends on the severity. Hopefully, it's not to severe.

Moreso the part about if he comes back mid August, just shutting him down the whole season. 

I had a severe high and low ankle sprain. It was awful.

Edited by ron883

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

He's not wrong. A severe high ankle sprain can easily take 8 weeks or more. Just depends on the severity. Hopefully, it's not to severe.

Shutting him down all year instead of coming back in august is pretty hot

23 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

High ankle sprain.  Leury is moving to SS.  Should be exciting.

I'm actually interested in seeing Leury play SS.  It's supposed to be his best defensive position.  As his offense has been pretty decent this season, it can only help increase his value if he turns out to be a very good defender at that position.  

On 6/26/2019 at 10:51 AM, SonofaRoache said:

5 to 6 year rebuild? 

Yeah man. Next year will be year 4 of the rebuild already. I think the goal for next year is to get back to 500. 2021 should be the real first year of contention and that will be year 5 of the rebuild. 

I'm going to guess 6 weeks from today and then a week in AAA or backfield games.  That would be an early august return and about 30 games missed, maybe a bit less with the ASB in the middle of it.

Not great but not awful.  An achilles is a career altering injury and would have robbed him of next year as well so I'm just incredibly happy it's not that.  Obviously a broken ankle would have shut him down the rest of the year as well so that we'll see him again this year is just great.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm going to guess 6 weeks from today and then a week in AAA or backfield games.  That would be an early august return and about 30 games missed, maybe a bit less with the ASB in the middle of it.

Not great but not awful.  An achilles is a career altering injury and would have robbed him of next year as well so I'm just incredibly happy it's not that.  Obviously a broken ankle would have shut him down the rest of the year as well so that we'll see him again this year is just great.

Achilles tendon ruptures are so rare that they usually aren't even in the discussion. However rehab us usually only about 6 months so he would have been able to return next year.

Depending on the severity if each,  many fractures especially fibula ones can return earlier than a high ankle sprain.  it's not uncommon for a severe one to take 12 weeks. His didn't look too bad so I doubt it's that long but you never know.

Edited by ptatc

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Achilles tendon ruptures are so rare that they usually aren't even in the discussion. However rehab us usually only about 6 months so he would have been able to return next year.

Depending on the severity if each,  many fractures especially fibula ones can return earlier than a high ankle sprain.  it's not uncommon for a severe one to take 12 weeks. His didn't look too bad so I doubt it's that long but you never know.

Ever since I saw that kid go down after slipping in wet turf for MSU in a game last year I've come to expect the worst when I see someone slip pushing off but on replay it does look like the stress on Tim's leg was rotational and not the sort of explosive push off and slip like that kid at MSU had.

Let's hope for a recovery closer to 6 weeks then 12 here.  Wasn't Eloy given the same prognosis, high ankle sprain?

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Yeah man. Next year will be year 4 of the rebuild already. I think the goal for next year is to get back to 500. 2021 should be the real first year of contention and that will be year 5 of the rebuild. 

I don't think next year will be a get back to .500 season. They will spend money this off season and call up Robert and Madrigal in April. Not to mention our division will have the awful Royals and Tigers, the sliding Indians, and an unknown Twins team after their pending talent loss. Next season will most likely be a get back to 95 wins season. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Wasn't the talk on burger that he wouldn't be back until after spring the first time he ruptured it? And then obviously is still not back from the first one?

28 minutes ago, mqr said:

Wasn't the talk on burger that he wouldn't be back until after spring the first time he ruptured it? And then obviously is still not back from the first one?

Well he tore it again then apparently hurt his heel or something. One injury after another with that guy.

53 minutes ago, mqr said:

He was expected to be back in time for the season as I recall. I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Maybe, I just remember his original timeline being ~a year

Yes returning to sports is usually about 6-12 months depending on how the rehab goes. Usually younger guys are on the early end. They may have originally given the outside numbers.

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

He was expected to be back in time for the season as I recall. I could be wrong.

Hahn said a few times over the winter that he expected him to be back on the field around June 1st. I assume that hasn't happened yet.

6 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ever since I saw that kid go down after slipping in wet turf for MSU in a game last year I've come to expect the worst when I see someone slip pushing off but on replay it does look like the stress on Tim's leg was rotational and not the sort of explosive push off and slip like that kid at MSU had.

Let's hope for a recovery closer to 6 weeks then 12 here.  Wasn't Eloy given the same prognosis, high ankle sprain?

Yes. But his was so minor I don't think they even spent the money on the MRI.

33 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Hahn said a few times over the winter that he expected him to be back on the field around June 1st. I assume that hasn't happened yet.

We were discussing the original timeline from the first injury. At least that's what I though we were discussing.

On 6/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, ron883 said:

Moreso the part about if he comes back mid August, just shutting him down the whole season. 

I had a severe high and low ankle sprain. It was awful.

I guarantee you if we are 10, 20 out of first and the wildcard you will be hearing some fans on this board wanting to shut him down the last six weeks. The radical rebuild/tank fans see no need in forcing the issue. They want losses and they want 'em bad and they want to put our stars on ice til we are ready to win and win big.

Hey is Escobar still in our minor league system? Just asking. I don't like his game.

Edited by greg775

22 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think next year will be a get back to .500 season. They will spend money this off season and call up Robert and Madrigal in April. Not to mention our division will have the awful Royals and Tigers, the sliding Indians, and an unknown Twins team after their pending talent loss. Next season will most likely be a get back to 95 wins season

The Sox will most likely win around 75 games this year. You really think that they will improve 20 games in one year? They better sign both Rendon/Cole and trade Madrigal for Grienke for that to happen. 

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

The Sox will most likely win around 75 games this year. You really think that they will improve 20 games in one year? They better sign both Rendon/Cole and trade Madrigal for Grienke for that to happen. 

They have a legitimate shot at doing so. They definitely need pitching help though. Greinke is not a bad idea, but no he would cost nothing near Madrigal,  not with the amount he's being paid. 

Frankly, it will be fair to judge the manager and FO based on what kind of jump they make next year, because it should be a large one. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They have a legitimate shot at doing so. They definitely need pitching help though. Greinke is not a bad idea, but no he would cost nothing near Madrigal,  not with the amount he's being paid. 

Frankly, it will be fair to judge the manager and FO based on what kind of jump they make next year, because it should be a large one. 

We will see. The great thing about rebuilding is that you can always just push the timeline back. This offseason will be very telling on the Sox FO plans for 2020. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

We will see. The great thing about rebuilding is that you can always just push the timeline back. This offseason will be very telling on the Sox FO plans for 2020. 

Not really. They're going to have to get a starting pitcher no matter what and there's not going to be that much of a difference between anyone not named Cole, and Cole is probably too good of a fit as a Yankee for us to really try. They'll probably add some relievers also, and there's a RF weakness to deal with, but the last batch is all short term guys. They're going to sink or swim based on the talent of all the guys they've brought up, and with Madrigal and Robert both looking like they'll be up early next year, pretty much all the major reinforcements will have arrived.