More Ricky complaints

harkness99

Great manager, I love Ricky. My guess is someone from above is controlling him and alot of decisions and telling him to have an attitude of "who cares right now, we can get a better draft pick if we lose." That person should be fired. Ricky needs to take control of his team and stand up for them, and start managing like he wants to win.

9 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Great manager, I love Ricky. My guess is someone from above is controlling him and alot of decisions and telling him to have an attitude of "who cares right now, we can get a better draft pick if we lose." That person should be fired. Ricky needs to take control of his team and stand up for them, and start managing like he wants to win.

Yeah, none of this is happening but good story bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While I think that Ricky as far as in game decisions go is probably one of the worst managers in baseball, the players like him and there doesn‘t appear to be a lot of drama in the clubhouse. Compare this to the shitshow that was 2016 or the later Ozzie years. 

The most important skill of a manager/coach is to make sure that players are a unit and are working together.

I played professionally, not baseball, but whatevs, and I had some coaches who were brilliant tacticians, but everyone hated their guts and it resulted into bad play because nobody gave a shit about what they had to say.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

yeah the team they have now aint winning.. especially the pitching staff.

I'm not really talking about that however - I'm talking about having a young players back when he is getting jobbed over and over again.

We are trying to win with 2/3rds of a starting lineup and 1/5th of a starting rotation.  That comes to 7 players before we start to nitpick.  With presumed quality players in Cease, Robert, Madrigal and return of Kopech, Dunning and Rodon on the horizon...we need a couple quality starters for depth and a right fielder... we will compete next year.  Ricky has done reasonably playing with only 2/3rds of a quality team.  I'll be patient with Ricky until he fails to deliver with a complete team.