ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

How about "This argument was stupid can we please stop hearing it"?

Is that why you brought it up in the game thread?  So we would stop hearing about it or so you could tell everybody you were right

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think his new normal is 250/290/500.  He's selling out for power.  Classic aging slugger profile.  That's like a 110 wRC+ and a 1 WAR DH/1B.  Sorry Jose, gotta move on in 2020 bud.

I don't believe they will, especially with he and Ricky (and Moncada) basically selling Robert to sign here. 

Red Sox have had seven losses after leading after 7 and three more with leads after 8...speaking of missing an elite closer.

All the more reason to not trade Colome unless we get a really useful player for a playoff run in 2021-2023.   The obvious problem is that by that time his overall stuff will have deteriorated even further from throwing so many cutters.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Is that why you brought it up in the game thread?  So we would stop hearing about it or so you could tell everybody you were right

dogpile time!  He confessed in a personal message to me that he has a macro on his gaming keyboard and he only had to hit F2 for that post to come out.  [this may or may not be true]

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't believe they will, especially with he and Ricky (and Moncada) basically selling Robert to sign here. 

Even with AV now in the system to take over 1b, there's a role for Abreu for at least next year at an appropriate price. We're too right handed, but we can deal with that for a year, and he's worth more to us than to any other team for the reason you just said. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Abreu looked totally under control during that at bat.  Haven't seen much of that Jose in quite a while.

He does tend to go on streaks so we might see good Jose for a week or 2.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Even with AV now in the system to take over 1b, there's a role for Abreu for at least next year at an appropriate price. We're too right handed, but we can deal with that for a year, and he's worth more to us than to any other team for the reason you just said. 

The next 200 PA will determine if he has any value to anybody, including the Sox.

5 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Leadoff walk 

Can just imagine old Hawkeroo sighing at home after the leadoff walk from Colome....assuming he hasn’t already thrown the remote control through the wall because we have all seen this way too many times before.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The next 200 PA will determine if he has any value to anybody, including the Sox.

I think Abreu's pretty easy to project. Unless he gets hurt, he'll be somewhere around an .800 OPS player the rest of the year. He's been that for a couple years now. his overall numbers this year ought to be slightly better than they currently are.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

We sure will have the DH covered with Jose, Vaughn, Collins and Eloy.

If they change the rules and let us DH for multiple positions, we can call Engel back up and DH for the P and CF spots.