ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

Speaking of which:

I have absolutely no idea how the White Sox won this game today. Jose absolutely saved their asses, kudos to him!

It was the 6th time the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won, 3rd time this year in the 9th inning and 2nd time against Boston. 

That being said it was more stupid decision making in the field and the bullpen is starting to collapse I assume from all the work since the starting pitching is so bad. Had a lead Saturday in Texas (lost), had a lead Monday in Boston (lost), had a lead Tuesday in Boston (lost) had a lead Wednesday in Boston (SHOULD have lost).

Bummer and Marshall are reverting back to their norms, even Alex blew a save (although it wasn't completely his fault).

Hahn needs to get these guys some help. Not just to get through this year but to prevent even more injuries moving forward.

History lesson: Down the stretch in 2000, the Sox were fighting to hang on to the division lead despite having lost starters like James Baldwin and Cal Eldred. GM Ron Scheuler couldn't or wouldn't get the pitching help they so desperately needed forcing guys to work even harder to bring the division title home. 

End result...a half dozen guys had off season surgery, some never recovered (Mike Sirotka, Jim Parque), Baldwin was never the same, relief pitchers like Bob Howry and Kelly Wunsch came back but were missing something.

You can't just think about this year the way this staff is on life support you have to think ahead.

Time to earn that money Hahn.

• Like 1

I had to jump on a conference call right as Leury got thrown out stealing 2B.  Thought the game was over.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I reopened the window to see Jose in a post game interview.

Mercy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Speaking of which:

I have absolutely no idea how the White Sox won this game today. Jose absolutely saved their asses, kudos to him!

It was the 6th time the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won, 3rd time this year in the 9th inning and 2nd time against Boston. 

That being said it was more stupid decision making in the field and the bullpen is starting to collapse I assume from all the work since the starting pitching is so bad. Had a lead Saturday in Texas (lost), had a lead Monday in Boston (lost), had a lead Tuesday in Boston (lost) had a lead Wednesday in Boston (SHOULD have lost).

Bummer and Marshall are reverting back to their norms, even Alex blew a save (although it wasn't completely his fault).

Hahn needs to get these guys some help. Not just to get through this year but to prevent even more injuries moving forward.

History lesson: Down the stretch in 2000, the Sox were fighting to hang on to the division lead despite having lost starters like James Baldwin and Cal Eldred. GM Ron Scheuler couldn't or wouldn't get the pitching help they so desperately needed forcing guys to work even harder to bring the division title home. 

End result...a half dozen guys had off season surgery, some never recovered (Mike Sirotka, Jim Parque), Baldwin was never the same, relief pitchers like Bob Howry and Kelly Wunsch came back but were missing something.

You can't just think about this year the way this staff is on life support you have to think ahead.

Time to earn that money Hahn.

Bummer is a + MLB reliever now.

Marshall is trash.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Bummer was a + reliever last year as well. His FIP has been elite for two years now.

Marshall is a first guy out of the pen guy who got hot.

He's fat albers from a few years back where he went two months without allowing a base runner and then was released a month later because he's actually bad and couldnt get anyone out without luck.

7 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Are you trying to say <50% quality starts doesn't suck? 

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Arguing that Rey has been anything other than bad this season is a WIIILLLD take, which will fall apart like a house of cards upon even the slightest of examination. 

Great comeback--twice. Abreu had to impress Dombrowski, especially w the 2 shots over the wall, but I still think they have too many 1B types. But as I posted going into the series, they have no closer as we saw today.  I am sure Colome will interest DD but I hope we hold on to him. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Enough so that the Sox can move him at the TDL. He has to show some semblance of plate discipline for that though. 

A perfect Greg world is one in which the player of the game only hears praise, the sweet scent of praise, praise, praise. No trade talk, no "yeah, buts" just the sweet scent of praise.

Remember, if Abreu hadn't run past Anderson, while rounding first base, on the homer he hit, earlier in the year, he would now have 20 HR's and be leading the League in RBI's. He isn't perfect, and he is obviously selling out his Average, in order to be more of a run producer, but he's still the most potent hitter the Sox have. Eloy may eclipse him, next year, but for now, he is certainly worth trying to hold onto, for another couple of years, until Vaughn is ready to take his place, which we hope will transpire. Even if Andrew does become that good of a run producer, it would be shocking if he did so, before 2022.

2 hours ago, Richie said:

Arguing that Rey has been anything other than bad this season is a WIIILLLD take, which will fall apart like a house of cards upon even the slightest of examination. 

His 6.12 ERA for the season absolutely sucks, no question.  When he's been bad, he's been horrible.  All I'm saying is that about half of the games he starts, he gives you a chance to win.

Edited by bubba phillips