Jump to content
Bob Sacamano

ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

We've reached WSI levels of trash on the board. I blame Lip. 

Always glad to make a contribution and to help make your day eminently more satisfying! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of which:

I have absolutely no idea how the White Sox won this game today. Jose absolutely saved their asses, kudos to him!

It was the 6th time the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won, 3rd time this year in the 9th inning and 2nd time against Boston. 

That being said it was more stupid decision making in the field and the bullpen is starting to collapse I assume from all the work since the starting pitching is so bad. Had a lead Saturday in Texas (lost), had a lead Monday in Boston (lost), had a lead Tuesday in Boston (lost) had a lead Wednesday in Boston (SHOULD have lost).

Bummer and Marshall are reverting back to their norms, even Alex blew a save (although it wasn't completely his fault).

Hahn needs to get these guys some help. Not just to get through this year but to prevent even more injuries moving forward.

History lesson: Down the stretch in 2000, the Sox were fighting to hang on to the division lead despite having lost starters like James Baldwin and Cal Eldred. GM Ron Scheuler couldn't or wouldn't get the pitching help they so desperately needed forcing guys to work even harder to bring the division title home. 

End result...a half dozen guys had off season surgery, some never recovered (Mike Sirotka, Jim Parque), Baldwin was never the same, relief pitchers like Bob Howry and Kelly Wunsch came back but were missing something.

You can't just think about this year the way this staff is on life support you have to think ahead.

Time to earn that money Hahn.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to hear. Losses like yesterday can tear a team's heart out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to jump on a conference call right as Leury got thrown out stealing 2B.  Thought the game was over.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I reopened the window to see Jose in a post game interview.

Mercy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to rain on any parades, but guys getting sick seems to be an issue rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Speaking of which:

I have absolutely no idea how the White Sox won this game today. Jose absolutely saved their asses, kudos to him!

It was the 6th time the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later and won, 3rd time this year in the 9th inning and 2nd time against Boston. 

That being said it was more stupid decision making in the field and the bullpen is starting to collapse I assume from all the work since the starting pitching is so bad. Had a lead Saturday in Texas (lost), had a lead Monday in Boston (lost), had a lead Tuesday in Boston (lost) had a lead Wednesday in Boston (SHOULD have lost).

Bummer and Marshall are reverting back to their norms, even Alex blew a save (although it wasn't completely his fault).

Hahn needs to get these guys some help. Not just to get through this year but to prevent even more injuries moving forward.

History lesson: Down the stretch in 2000, the Sox were fighting to hang on to the division lead despite having lost starters like James Baldwin and Cal Eldred. GM Ron Scheuler couldn't or wouldn't get the pitching help they so desperately needed forcing guys to work even harder to bring the division title home. 

End result...a half dozen guys had off season surgery, some never recovered (Mike Sirotka, Jim Parque), Baldwin was never the same, relief pitchers like Bob Howry and Kelly Wunsch came back but were missing something.

You can't just think about this year the way this staff is on life support you have to think ahead.

Time to earn that money Hahn.

 

Bummer is a + MLB reliever now.

Marshall is trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, it's reported Tilson and Sanchez illnesses aren't related. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Abreu: Hits game-winning HR

SoxTalk: Great job, Jose.  You suck!

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Bummer is a + MLB reliever now.

Marshall is trash.

Bummer was a + reliever last year as well. His FIP has been elite for two years now.

Marshall is a first guy out of the pen guy who got hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bubba phillips said:

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Lopez needs to find more consistent swings and misses. 

His out pitches and swing and miss pitches are so inconsistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Bummer was a + reliever last year as well. His FIP has been elite for two years now.

Marshall is a first guy out of the pen guy who got hot.

He's fat albers from a few years back where he went two months without allowing a base runner and then was released a month later because he's actually bad and couldnt get anyone out without luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Are you trying to say <50% quality starts doesn't suck? 

Edited by mqr
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mqr said:

Are you trying to say <50% quality starts doesn't suck? 

I think he is saying better than hopeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not one single Yaz story this series. Or even a Tony C. 

Edited by The Ginger Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Ginger Kid said:

not one single Yaz story this series. Or even a Tony C. 

Bummer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Ginger Kid said:

not one single Yaz story this series. Or even a Tony C. 

Let me tell you what Stone Poney, the best fastball hitter I have ever seen was Dwight Evans. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Part II:

Lopez:  gets 8th QS in 17 games

Sox Talk:  Lopez sucks!  Nice QS, Reylo.

Arguing that Rey has been anything other than bad this season is a WIIILLLD take, which will fall apart like a house of cards upon even the slightest of examination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as road trips go, having to go to Wrigley, to Arlington against a Texas team that has some dark magic going on right now to be 8 games over and to Fenway and come away 3-5 is not the worst thing in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great comeback--twice. Abreu had to impress Dombrowski, especially w the 2 shots over the wall, but I still think they have too many 1B types. But as I posted going into the series, they have no closer as we saw today.  I am sure Colome will interest DD but I hope we hold on to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Enough so that the Sox can move him at the TDL. He has to show some semblance of plate discipline for that though. 

A perfect Greg world is one in which the player of the game only hears praise, the sweet scent of praise, praise, praise. No trade talk, no "yeah, buts" just the sweet scent of praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, if Abreu hadn't run past Anderson, while rounding first base, on the homer he hit, earlier in the year, he would now have 20 HR's and be leading the League in RBI's. He isn't perfect, and he is obviously selling out his Average, in order to be more of a run producer, but he's still the most potent hitter the Sox have. Eloy may eclipse him, next year, but for now, he is certainly worth trying to hold onto, for another couple of years, until Vaughn is ready to take his place, which we hope will transpire. Even if Andrew does become that good of a run producer, it would be shocking if he did so, before 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hector had a nice outing and if Carson gets in extended form there could be some SP support on the way. Jose might have saved our season for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lmao fuck you ron you piece of shit this is a personal attack

Reported. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richie said:

Arguing that Rey has been anything other than bad this season is a WIIILLLD take, which will fall apart like a house of cards upon even the slightest of examination. 

His 6.12 ERA for the season absolutely sucks, no question.  When he's been bad, he's been horrible.  All I'm saying is that about half of the games he starts, he gives you a chance to win.

Edited by bubba phillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×