ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/26, 12:05 CT

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez sucking this year is incredibly annoying. 

It's also incredibly disappointing. Especially after we saw such a huge improvement in Giolito. I fully expect a college arm in the 1st round of the 2020 draft. Luckily it seems to be the classes strong suit.

Just now, Richie said:

Really disheartening watching Lopez just get smacked around every start

Lopez in 2019 is different than Giolito in 2018. Even with his lack of command, the opposition didn't hit Giolito all that much. Walks killed him, and he'd always give up his hits after walking 2 batters. Lopez is just getting lit up like a cheap Chinese Christmas tree

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez in 2019 is different than Giolito in 2018. Even with his lack of command, the opposition didn't hit Giolito all that much. Walks killed him, and he'd always give up his hits after walking 2 batters. Lopez is just getting lit up like a cheap Chinese Christmas tree

I came here looking for some Jack Parkman enthusiasm for Reynaldo Lopez to give me some future hope....I guess I will leave now

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Indeed. It's not like his stuff looks nasty and he's getting a whole lot of swings/misses. Only to shoot himself in the foot with walks or falling behind in counts. He's ahead 0-2/1-2 on a lot of these guys and they're barreling it up no problem. 

It's getting real rough

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I came here looking for some Jack Parkman enthusiasm for Reynaldo Lopez to give me some future hope....I guess I will leave now

To be fair Jack was never high on Lopez even when he was pitching well last year. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t convince me a different coaching philosophy wouldn’t benefit Lopez.  Cooper really seems to have neutered him.

I want Coop gone. It is time. Ricky and Cooper can go. Cooper is a relic, Ricky just sucks. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

He actually seemed pretty solid in his last few appearances if I recall correctly.

He did indeed.  I have hope that he could be a nice 4-5 option in the starting rotation going forward.  And that would be a good thing especially with how Lopez has looked.

Just now, fathom said:

I would say he does more harm than good now 

Sinkers=bad

I don't understand why he took two guys with a + and ++ curve and gave them a slider. It's worked with Giolito but not so with Lopez. I think a lot of Giolito's problem with his curveball is that he lost the feel for it and can no longer throw it for a strike. It still has nasty movement.