Andrew Vaughn Signs

KnightsOnMintSt

• bmags pinned this topic

The ball explodes off his bat in the highlights I have seen.  Very excited to see how quickly he can move through the minors. 

Now that he is signed, let's take care of the 2-3 picks and get some young big upside arms in the system.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

The ball explodes off his bat in the highlights I have seen.  Very excited to see how quickly he can move through the minors. 

Now that he is signed, let's take care of the 2-3 picks and get some young big upside arms in the system.

Thompson signed earlier in the week and Dalquist should sign within the next few days.

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

Thompson signed earlier in the week and Dalquist should sign within the next few days.

Thanks Tom.  I missed the Thompson signing.  Interested to see how much Dahlquist gets...he was asking for 2 Million from what I've read?

Caufield...either way, what does any of this have to do with Andrew Vaughn signing. This is non-nonsensical completely off-topic conversation that degrades the quality of the conversation that others are trying to have.  In no way shape or form does it belong anywhere near PHT or this thread.  

• Thanks 2

Jesus christ...

Back on topic. Vaughn straight to w-s you think? Seems like most of our college 1st rounders have gotten a taste of Kanny. With Vaughn's advanced approached and our timeline being closer to a competitive team at MLB level, will he maybe go straight to W-S?

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Jesus christ...

Back on topic. Vaughn straight to w-s you think? Seems like most of our college 1st rounders have gotten a taste of Kanny. With Vaughn's advanced approached and our timeline being closer to a competitive team at MLB level, will he maybe go straight to W-S?

His lay-off has now been long enough they should probably follow a similar path.

In introducing Adley Rutschman today, the top pick in the 2019 First-Year Player Draft, Oriolesexecutive vice president and general manager Mike Elias said Rutschman would begin his pro career in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League and then move on to short season Single-A Aberdeen.

“He’s won a lot of awards this summer for his accomplishments in college and he’s got a few more,” Elias said at today’s press conference at Camden Yards. “Then we’ll send him to our spring training facility in Sarasota, Fla. Join the Gulf Coast League roster for a slow on-boarding process after the layoff he’s had. And then shortly thereafter join the Aberdeen IronBirds of the New York-Penn League and start his climb up the minor leaguer ladder.”

Which probably in White Sox interpretation means Kannapolis and then Winston-Salem at the end of the year...or a minor league playoff roster, then possibly AFL if he just completely tears it up.   That latter possibility of pushing him that hard over two months when he has missed all of June doesn’t really make much sense.

26 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Jesus christ...

I think AZL tune-up, W-S next. 

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I’ll be in Raleigh so W-S is the only reasonable drive.

Oh yeah, there is no direct route from what I recall.  You have to go thru W-S to get to Kannapolis.   Charlotte, is like another 40-45 miles south from there. 

2 years ago I made the 3 town stop and wasn't a big issue driving since they are line up North to South. 

• bmags unpinned this topic