Who is going to pitch Friday?

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Coby White is throwing out the first pitch Friday. Wonder if theyll try to get him to stick around and get a few innings out of him.

With the current Sox injuries jinx, this means a torn labrum on the first pitch and a Markell Fultz-like shooting hitch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BFirebird said:

I caddied for Pierce once in a golf outing.  Couldn't have been a nicer guy.  That was one thing about being a Sox fan over a Cubs fan, I usually got to pick a Sox player in our annual Baseball Charities Golf Outing to caddie for because of how many Cub fans there were...even on the south side. 

Over the years I caddied for Pierce, Farmer, Bill Melton, & Konerko.  Konerko was especially exciting because it was the 2000 season before he was really known, he decided he wanted to walk instead of ride in a cart so I got to carry his bag (he actually used Greg Norton's clubs), and he got a hole in one to win a trip to Ireland.  Easily one of my most enjoyable rounds ever.  It was funny too because the guys in the cart didn't really know who Konerko was because it was so early in his career that Paulie pretty much just talked to me the whole time.

Inquiring minds want to know...was he a good tipper? 

Someone's gotta know who is pitching tonight by now.........Santiago made a post on twitter with a Sox shirt on, but he threw 5 innings on Tuesday.  Would be very surprised if was him, unless they only plan to let him go 2-3 innings and then have another pen day.  

Y2Jimmy saying on twitter he thinks it going to be Detwiler.  I suppose he only pitched 2 innings on Monday, so maybe he's ready for a start without restrictions.  

I would prefer Kubat, but whatever.  Sox aren't exactly flush with options, and I expect Santiago and Covey to be 4 and 5 by middle of next week, so probably a 1 start then DFA for Detwiler.  

On 6/27/2019 at 7:10 PM, poppysox said:

Inquiring minds want to know...was he a good tipper? 

He was pretty good.  Not the best tip I ever got, but not the worst.  At that stage of his career I will put him at slightly above average.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, BFirebird said:

I caddied for Pierce once in a golf outing.  Couldn't have been a nicer guy.  That was one thing about being a Sox fan over a Cubs fan, I usually got to pick a Sox player in our annual Baseball Charities Golf Outing to caddie for because of how many Cub fans there were...even on the south side. 

Over the years I caddied for Pierce, Farmer, Bill Melton, & Konerko.  Konerko was especially exciting because it was the 2000 season before he was really known, he decided he wanted to walk instead of ride in a cart so I got to carry his bag (he actually used Greg Norton's clubs), and he got a hole in one to win a trip to Ireland.  Easily one of my most enjoyable rounds ever.  It was funny too because the guys in the cart didn't really know who Konerko was because it was so early in his career that Paulie pretty much just talked to me the whole time.

One of my buddies got to caddy for Mike Trout a couple years back when the Angels were in town. Tipped my bud $200.

• Like 1