Sign in to follow this  
Lip Man 1

Trainers Have Their Say...

While this is not really an issue in my sport, it is in other high school sports. Concussions are especially concerning. We have very strict procedures when our athletes are hurt. Yes, even in golf I've been through that process with a player who got hurt. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:41 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought this would be of interest to PTATC and perhaps he'd care to comment:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/new-survey-results-paint-alarming-picture-of-ncaa-safety/

I was actually participated that study. None of its surprising.  The power of the NCAA coach is pretty high with the money they bring in. However, it was a very subjective study with the questions of feeling pressured especially when the athlete still didn't play. Having the strength and conditioning group report to the AT instead of the coach will be an interesting dynamic if the suggestions are passed and it actually occurs. 

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

While this is not really an issue in my sport, it is in other high school sports. Concussions are especially concerning. We have very strict procedures when our athletes are hurt. Yes, even in golf I've been through that process with a player who got hurt. 

With the strict guidelines for concussions, these really aren't much of a part of this study. As it said it's more for things like sprained ankles and other musculoskeletal injuries.