6/27 Games #CeaseDay

soxfan49

8 hours ago, NotHahn said:

That is from 2016 though. You figure that he could/should have improved in the last 3 years??

Just because it’s old doesn’t make it still true. Let’s say he was terrible back then and made some improvements. Based on the way they’ve worded it, I’d still expect him to be below average. It’s not like the Sox have been aggressive with him either, and that tells me they realize he most likely isn’t anything more than an organizational bat. He is 26 and just now made it to Triple-A.

15 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Henzman 54 pitches through 6 innings... uh.. yea he may go the distance at this rate. 

He isn't striking anyone out anymore. I wonder what he is working on.

14 hours ago, SoxAce said:

17 year old Cuban Bryan Ramos 2-2, 2B, R so far.

This guy is interesting.

14 hours ago, Flash said:

What does Yermin Mercedes need to do to get some attention. 

Lose 20 pounds, learn how to catch and be three years younger.

12 hours ago, NotHahn said:

Is there any data suggesting the Mercedes is a bad defensive catcher? 45% caught stealing. Seems like atleast an average catcher defensively? Or am I way off?

He's got an arm. Check the passed balls though.

2 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Great to see BIR start to hit finally

Yeah seriously. Robert and Madrigal rollthrough and all of a sudden Rutherford, Gonzalez and Sheets wake from their naps. 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He was a minor league rule 5 pick. There is no chance they protect him. 

Wasn't he a rule 5 pick in December '17? I guess I am not totally sure how the minor league phase works but they held him all throughout last year. What stipulation are you speaking to here?

8 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Just because it’s old doesn’t make it still true. Let’s say he was terrible back then and made some improvements. Based on the way they’ve worded it, I’d still expect him to be below average. It’s not like the Sox have been aggressive with him either, and that tells me they realize he most likely isn’t anything more than an organizational bat. He is 26 and just now made it to Triple-A.

True and I have no idea if hes any good defensively. Don't most catchers come to the big leagues later though? They take a little more time to develop defensively?

On 6/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, raBBit said:

He isn't striking anyone out anymore. I wonder what he is working on.

This guy is interesting.

Lose 20 pounds, learn how to catch and be three years younger.

He's got an arm. Check the passed balls though.

Yeah seriously. Robert and Madrigal rollthrough and all of a sudden Rutherford, Gonzalez and Sheets wake from their naps. 

Wasn't he a rule 5 pick in December '17? I guess I am not totally sure how the minor league phase works but they held him all throughout last year. What stipulation are you speaking to here?

I just meant that they aren't going to use a 40-man spot on Mercedes.